- A vague feeling of bodily discomfort, as at the beginning of an illness.
- A general sense of depression or unease.
- I've lost my house key again. Shh – don't tell Dr. M. I thought I had fixed the problem with my key ring structure, but apparently not. Sigh. Hopefully it's at work like it was the last time I lost it. UPDATE: My key WAS at the office - someone found it in the parking lot. I've attached it to the car key so that shouldn't happen again.
- I did not do well on my PYMWYMI challenge (pimwimmy!) today. I know – it's just one day, get back on the horse, or the wagon, or with the program, yada yada yada. I think my problem is that I'm missing the point of Amy's challenge – I am supposed to be grateful that I can do these healthy things and help other people. I'm missing the gratefulness portion of the program.
- I ordered my first pair of reading glasses on Friday. I discussed that to death here. But I'm actually kind of excited because when I was a kid I would pick out what I thought were cute glasses (it was the 70s people – I worked with what I had) but then they put the coke bottles in & the cuteness disappeared. These lenses shouldn't be as thick should they? I'm hoping… I will certainly post a picture of me reading something in my new glasses.
- My Magpie poem from Sunday apparently had depths that were too murky for most folks. I was writing about the American Indian addiction to alcohol, as well as my addiction to chocolate. I do tend to expect people to jump into my brain when they read my poems. Yeah, that sounds scary to me too!
- And last, but not least, I have to go to the dentist tomorrow. I gots a cavity. Yes, I revert to 4 years old when I have to get a filling. I'm not sure I've ever not had a traumatic experience getting a cavity filled – and I have LOTS of metal in my mouth so I have lots of experience with the trauma. I floss. I brush. What is the deal here? Anyway, that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach is me trying not to hyperventilate. I don't have such a phobia that I don't go to my twice yearly exams, but it's a near thing. I'm doing this for YOU Daddy – hope you appreciate it! Heh. Well, & there's that small matter of it hurting when I eat. Hey – maybe this is the answer to Pymwymi! UPDATE: I'm back from the dentist. He had to give me THREE shots before I was sufficiently numb (finding out you're not numb when he starts drilling is NO FUN). But it's done now.
I'm pretty sure I'm 3, not 4, in this picture, but I think it's exactly how I feel about having a cavity. Heh.