Monday, July 18, 2011

Let me tell you a story...


I spent some time in Africa.
But I’m no Isak Denisen -
I wrote no memoir.
I remember the big big sky
and beautiful people.
I remember nshima
and the Toyota truck
that I drove on the
wrong side of the road.
(Yes, this is as terrifying
as you might imagine.)
I remember wondering
how I came to be wearing
that missionary mask
and I remember the care
with which I stored it
when I came home.


This is a Magpie Tale. Please head here to read other tales.

11 comments:

  1. I am going to have to start thinking of you as 'baby bug!'

    I can't imagine how amazing your African experience must have been ... great Magpie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this was such a treat. thanks for sharing your experience and what a perfect post for the mask!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes... a perfect match, and what a wonderful life experience. I'm sure you have lots to write about from it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool tale, great photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the notion of you storing the missionary mask upon your arrival home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this intriguing Magpie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...