Well here it is after 8:00 on Thursday night and I just remembered that I forgot to be thankful. Oops! Well I can be thankful now…
· I had a follow-up appointment with my surgeon today. I thought it would be my last one - & that I would get to show him how fabulously I’m doing. But it was another 5 minute visit with me just sitting & he wants to see me in 4 weeks for the actual last appointment. I’m assuming that with this type of surgery recovery is very self-directed & he only cares if I’m having problems. Well guess what? I’m not having any problems! The last couple of nights I was able to sleep on my left side for a while. That wasn’t my last goal (getting rid of the cane is my ultimate goal – although I was eyeing some really snazzy ones at the Rite Aid the other day). But I’m pretty darn pleased with myself.
· Today, while chilly & blustery, was gorgeous. I loved watching the fluffy clouds in the blue sky. Makes work much more pleasant.
· Yesterday evening our neighbor told us that there’d been an albino squirrel spotted in the neighborhood & off went Dr. M with the camera. Isn’t he the cutest thing? Kind of like a giant white rat, eh? But cute. Really!
· I came home from work & vacuumed! If you’ve read my blog for any time at all you’ll know that that’s noteworthy.
· I have a few other friends who’ve done Thankful Thursday today – go check them out: Bekah, Kim & Jan.
So, what are you thankful for today?