- Last week was a just a big bundle of ugly – nationally & personally. I was having a really hard time finding the joy (turns out it was at Dr. M’s school on Saturday night – the Spamalot folks had been hogging it). But this is a new week, hopefully filled with answers and repaired cars.
- While my car is in the shop I’m driving a zippy little Toyota Corolla. Thank goodness it has cruise control! The color is a little too sedate for my tastes (someday I will own a bright yellow car – I will! Or is it I shall? Hmmm), but I’m enjoying it anyway.
- It was a beautiful day today. I met my boss coming back from lunch as I was heading out & he made me promise to come back to work. It was tempting to just drive down to the Ohio River & hang out. I don’t know why the company can’t issue iPads & let us all head out to the park…
- With the imminent demise of Google Reader I’ve started using Bloglovin’. It has some good things going for it, and some negative things, but mostly it’s working out for me. HOWEVER, there are some posts that just never show up on there. So if I usually comment on your blog & you haven’t seen me in a while, let me know.
- Here is something fascinating (I know, you’ve been waiting all post to read something fascinating): that business of concentrated black cherry juice concentrate being an anti-inflammatory is TRUE! As I had mentioned here, my doctor was concerned about my kidneys & told me to stop taking NSAIDS. So I did. And then I started adding the aforementioned cherry juice to my evening lemonade & the effect was pretty miraculous. I still have some pain, but my shoulder & hand pain has subsided a great deal. I’m sold!
- Finally, one of the hazards of being Junior Warden – you get to ferry toilet seats in your car. Woot?