Monday, December 23, 2013

2013 Project 365 – Week Fifty-One

Here I sit at my favorite B&B (my dad’s house) the day before Christmas Eve & I think that I’m mostly ready for Christmas. Although it might just be that sense of resignation that one gets after it’s too late to do more anyway. Ha!
Sunday, December 15th   
It was our 23rd anniversary & we celebrated by going to see the Nutcracker at the Dayton Ballet. Fun! Dr. M took a few pictures of one of the department store window displays they had in the lobby. They were pretty cool.


Monday, December 16th
Our house is pretty hilarious to me. Dr. M found a dog’s Christmas costume & put it on Polly Bug. And then there’s the polar bear & penguin train…


The moon!



Tuesday, December 17th          
It was really cold this week!


Wednesday, December 18th
Pinky says, “Peace out man!”


We had our office Christmas party today. I brought the (bought) decorated cake. Someone else brought her famous homemade bourbon cake. Which one do you think was gone by the end of the day? Ha!

[Note: Correction! It's rum cake, not bourbon (yeah, I'm not really that into alcohol - ha!)]
Thursday, December 19th    
Dr. M took a lot of really great pictures today. If you haven’t already, you should go check them out. In the meantime, I had a little bit of fun with one of them.


This was my “dirty Santa” gift from the office party. Pretty great, huh? I can’t wait to try out all the different teas.


Friday, December 20th  
I love this yard!!


I was washing dishes & asked Dr. M to tuck my hair behind my ears. This is what he did – ha!


Saturday, December 21st    
Today we drove down to NC, but since it was rainy & dreary the whole way we didn’t take any pictures. Fortunately, I took one before we left the house. When we moved in we took the closet doors off of one of the closets to give us easier access to our clothes. I had the bright idea of dragging one of them into the living room to put our Christmas cards on. Just call me Martha. Heh.     


Go to Mamma Fran’s blog here to see the blogs of all the other Project 365 participants. Have a great week!


Most of our photos are taken with a 12 megapixel Nikon D5000 DSLR, using a 55-200mm zoom lens. This is the camera that Dr. M takes with him most days. He also takes pictures with our old reliable 7 megapixel Canon Powershot A710.  The Bug uses our new Nikon Coolpix S6200 most of the time. If you’re interested in which camera was used for a particular shot, just ask! 

19 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the deer photograph. Take care and have a wonderful and very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff as always. Glad you made it "home" safely. I've never had bourbon cake, but it sounds interesting. Merry Christmas!

    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you will like vanilla tea - i drink it quite a bit. The snoopy yard and the polar bear/penguin train are both great fun -= merry xmas bug xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pixie - Merry Christmas to you & yours too!

      Delete
  4. What is a "dirty Santa"? I expected something more vulgar than tea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our version is that we drew numbers & the first person unwraps a gift & then the second person gets to steal that gift or select a new one under the tree. I was the last person so I got to have my pick of all the gifts :)

      Delete
  5. Love the closet door idea! Merry Christmas to you and Dr M!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary to you and Dr. M! I love the idea with the Christmas cards on the door. I'm always debating where to put our cards.

    If I had been at your office party, I would have had a big piece of both cakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, she was inspired, and yes to both cakes!

      Delete
  7. Catching up on all the posts I missed while I was being a good girl and actually getting my work done instead of goofing off on the web. Love the polar bear/penguin train and the dressed to impress deer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellen! I hate when work gets in the way of goofing off on the web :-)

      Delete
  8. Love the closet idea. Love all the shots. So very festive

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...