Monday, May 26, 2014

2014 Project 365 – Week Twenty-one



I love the month of May – the weather is (generally) so lovely, and I still feel a frisson of joy when I see a flower blooming (unlike August, when I’m fanning myself & going, “whatever, another daisy…”). I guess if you have to come back to reality after a vacation it’s best to do it in May. 

I’m a little late getting the post up because Dr. M officiated a wedding yesterday! It was his first wedding as officiant & I must say he did a fabulous job. I’ll have some pictures from the wedding next week, but if you don’t want to wait go ahead & check out Dr. M’s blog now.

Sunday, May 18th       
My Daily Walk.


I cooked dinner again!


Monday, May 19th
My Daily Walk – I mailed a birthday card to a friend.


Squirrel enjoying his snack.


Tuesday, May 20th            
My Daily Walk – I thought I might get rained on, but fortunately it held off (since I was at work – I wouldn’t mind a little rain if I was walking at home).


Our neighbor’s irises have been lovely!


Dr. M got a new bird feeder. The birds seem to love it just as much as the old ones. It makes me smile.


Wednesday, May 21st
I finished another jigsaw puzzle at work.


Our annual hanging basket – pretty in purple.


My Daily Walk. We got a thunderstorm & hail. When the hail finished I went on out to choir practice, but decided to just do my walk on the Gazelle instead of taking a chance in the storm. Of course, by the time I’d finished the storm was finished too. Ha!


Thursday, May 22nd  
My Daily Walk – glorious day!


Dr. M had to go to campus so he got to see one of the campus deer.


I love these purple flowers that bloom every spring. Dr. M knows that he has to take a picture for me :)


Friday, May 23rd
My Daily Walk.


A microcosm of our back yard birds.


We have a hawk now too – here he’s making off with his dinner. Fortunately we have plenty of sparrows to spare!


Saturday, May 24th  
My Daily Walk. I usually just like to listen to the world around me when I walk, but this audio book expires in just a few days!


The wedding rehearsal – such a lovely location!


Last minute wedding gift. I made three dishcloths in the afternoon. Their kitchen color is red :)


Have a great week!

20 comments:

  1. Irises are my favorite flower. Those in your pictures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our neighbors have some beautiful Irises! We do so enjoy them. Glad you did, too!

      Delete
  2. We have two hummingbird feeders up that the tricky little devils have discovered. I WILL get a photo. Or maybe a mini-movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! We have hummers around, but so far no chance to photograph one!

      Delete
  3. I love your week in pictures. The other day I heard a bird alarm cry and looked up to see a mocking fly into the wild space behind and next to us and a moment later the resident red shouldered hawk emerged with mockingbird in pursuit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Those mockingbirds are nobody's prey, once they're grown, but hawks and crows play hob on their nests.

      Delete
  4. Wait -- did that hawk nab a sparrow? Poor thing! I mean, I guess the hawk has to eat, but still...

    Has the Daily Walk replaced the Daily Bike?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has, indeed, Steve! And yes, sad to report that the hawk had taken one of our house sparrows. Forensic evidence confirmed it.

      Delete
  5. your hanging basket is so pretty, as are all your walking pictures. I don't usually have headphones either. Its good thinking/praying time!

    May is indeed a spectacular month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Just something I picked up from the store, but a very pretty combination! Yes, walks are meant for thinking and praying.

      Delete
  6. Loved the photographs. We can be sure there is a hawk nearby when all the birds vanish from the feeders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup...happened again tonight. Everything went still, then the hawk burst out of the foliage. Didn't see a victim this time. This hawk has been in the neighborhood for years, btw. I've photographed it several times before.

      Delete
  7. Good for you for keeping up your walking! Woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has done a GREAT job! Thanks for your encouragement!

      Delete
  8. Love all your pictures! My sister walks while listening to audio books. I don't know why I don't; she brought me a lot the last time she was here. They are German audio books - maybe I'm afraid someone will tap me on the shoulder and I'll start speaking in German instead of English. Hah!

    I always have music while I walk or run. My RunKeeper app breaks down my speed per mile. I wondered why my third mile was always my fastest. Then it dawned on me...oh, yeah, that's the one when Bruce Springsteen is on my playlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear PP...you make me smile a lot! Thank you for venturing into our wacky world.

      Delete
  9. Loveliness as usual:in purple-- irises, hanging basket and woodsy blooms; honeysuckle, a nostalgic trigger for me; wedding gift creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hanging basket is so pretty. I still remember that gorgeous one from last year, too. Nice new birdhouse. Love your irises. Mine were pretty this year, too. My aunt used to make those dishcloths every Christmas for me. It's a sweet memory. Does posting your daily walk here help keep you motivated. If so, I should copy you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have a Gazelle too. Unfortunately it resides in the back room, with stuff stacked all around it. It definitely needs a resurrection though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My kitchen is red, too (and white and black--very full of cows)! Lovely pictures. I am going to get my credentials in June, and I will be able to perform weddings as well.

    Lots and lots more hawks around these days, and I'm not talking republicans, either. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Eleven

This week at work was brain intensive which means I’ve spent the weekend trying to use as few brain cells as possible. That might affect the...