Sunday, November 20, 2022

2022 Project 365 – Week Forty-six

A VERY momentous thing happened this week, and basically that’s all I’ll be talking about. Well, other things also happened, but this one was the best.
Sunday, November 13th             
You would think that Dr. M’s birthday would be the momentous thing. And it was pretty excellent given that I got a fancy brownie (or three) out of the deal. I gave him a little sheep painting that I found at the Pride Festival. But no, that’s not it.
 

Also a big deal – the girls being brought in for the winter. Ms. Pinky & Ms. Rita think they’re the most important, but they’re not it either.
 

Monday, November 14th   
This cute dog has been stopping by Dr. M’s dad’s house.


Tuesday, November 15th         
Here is the big deal! I finished weaving in the ends on the monster blanket! Huzzah!
 

Wednesday, November 16th                   
I took the blanket to work to try to get a photo of it. Two coworkers hung it off the balcony, but it was actually too long to be able to see the whole thing (some of it was hidden behind the lobby furniture).
 

Thursday, November 17th            
I continue to put my socks on the wrong feet.
 

Friday, November 18th           
I was half asleep during lunch playing a game on my phone when I realized that my hair seemed to be staying put when I took my hand off of my head. Made me laugh.
 

Saturday, November 19th       
I took the blanket to my cousin’s house so she could play around with “staging” it on her king sized bed. We tried folding it in various ways to see how that changed the look. It’s still pretty darned big, but not TOO outrageous on that bed. I think my other cousin (the one who commissioned it) will be happy with the end result. I know I’m happy that it’s finished, but also pretty darned proud of it too.
 

Dr. M has spent two days at his dad’s house replacing the hot water heater, so even though I’ve been out & about both days I’ve felt like a single lady. I don’t like it. I’m used to him being around when I’m at home. It’s like we’re an old married couple or something – ha! How about you – do you crave more alone time, or are you happy with your people around you?

9 comments:

  1. WOW! I knew the blanket was big, but I had no idea it was that large. It's really beautiful, and it looks terrific on the bed. You know what's really funny? It took me longer than it should have to figure out what you meant about your socks being on the wrong feet. Sigh. With the girls back in the tub, it must be a sign of real winter coming. It's colder than -- well, it's cold here. Of course, that means it's in the 40s, but people still are bundling up like they're on an arctic expedition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the 40s is very cold for Texas! In fact, I've been complaining about the 40s here. Ha!

      Delete
  2. That blanket is enormous! Just the thought of weaving all those ends in would make me cry. That was a major, major project and accomplishment.

    I honestly thought you were going to tell us that you adopted that little husky dog.

    I like my alone time during the day. Sometimes, a little too much. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did try to weave in the ends as I went along, mostly. Toward the end though I stopped because I thought it would give me something to do if I ran out of yarn, but then I didn't run out. Ha!

      Delete
  3. I get plenty of socializing on Thursdays and the occasional encounter on the street when I walk Minnie so I'm happy to have just one person in my sphere the rest of the time and sometimes I could do without him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny - sometimes I complain about never being at home alone, but most of the time I'm annoyed if I'm alone. Can't be pleased, apparently.

      Delete
  4. That blanket is ridiculous! And beautiful! The older we all get the more attached we become to each other. And we miss each other more when we are separated. At least that's how it is here. I can't speak for Hollywood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - when we were middle-weds (past the honeymoon phase) I was always wanting alone time. Not anymore!

      Delete
  5. Wow -- this really drives home the size of the blanket! I love that sheep painting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Eleven

This week at work was brain intensive which means I’ve spent the weekend trying to use as few brain cells as possible. That might affect the...