1. I feel like this sign might be telling me something, but I'm just not exactly sure what.
2. The highlighted part of the confession at the end of the Prayers of the People always gets me. I'm often convinced that I'm not nearly enough of an activist.
3. We had our monthly vestry meeting. As usual, we ran longer than we could have because we are all very chatty. We like each other!
4. This is Paula, one of our shelter staff members, going over with us all of the systems they have in place to help our homeless guests. Applying for birth certificates, social security cards, food stamps, housing, jobs... It's a lot of work! And our staff also tries to work with each person to get any help with addiction or mental health assistance they might need. I included part of a thank you letter from one guest - we're known as the Red Door Shelter because of our Episcopal red door :)
5. After church I took a few pictures of our first significant snowfall of the year. And I startled the neighbor's cat who likes to hang out in our yard. Ha!
6. At the grocery store. I think I might need this. What do you think?
7. From one of my daily walks. Now that I'm trying to get 2.5 miles in per day I have to take at least two walks. I'm proud to say that since starting the initiative I've gotten over 10,000 steps on two days - a big deal for me because I usually am in the 6,000 - 8,000 range.
8. & 9. Remember this? I decided to break it out again :)
10. Temperature blanket progress. I was excited to use a new color since the temp was so low. I'm mixing in a strand of white when we get snow. It looks pretty weird right now, but it's fun!