Monday, August 21, 2017

Just a Quick Note

I'm out of surgery & feeling no pain (so far). Apparently there was extensive damage, so I have to be about 50% non-weight-bearing for a couple of weeks. However, I've already been up & around, using my walker & impressing my therapists (the benefit of using a walker every day for almost 4 months!).

My dad saved our bacon (as usual!). This morning we left the house at about 4:45, & then realized we'd locked both sets of keys inside. Called my dad & he broke all kinds of speed limits to bring his housekey to us. We made it to the hospital only about 20 minutes late (I'd called & given them a heads up). Whew! Thanks Daddy!

I should be dozing, but instead I'm playing on my iPad. Which is basically what I usually do at home. Ha! I'll write a more detailed post about what's what later. Thanks for all the positive energy sent my way!

15 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear things have gone well. I expect that when the meds wear off, you'll not feel quite so chipper, but take your time. I'm really happy to picture you up and tooling around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad this ordeal is over for you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're out of surgery and up and around. Rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very happy to hear this good news. Thanks for updating us. Take care and I'm thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bye good news, I meant that you were in no pain and the operation is over, not that you had extensive damage. But of course you knew that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are trooper! Glad you are doing so well! Praise the Lord!💜🙏

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thrilled to death to see your note. I was sure we'd have an update, but I didn't think you would be giving it. I should have known better! The sun may have been eclipsed today, but you sure aren't! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see the update and that things seem to be going well. I thought of you despite the eclipse hoopla. Hooray for being near relatives who can help bail you out of trouble. I think positive thoughts for your healing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad your through the surgery and on the mend! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to see this pleasant post-op report from the patient. That there was all that damage, not so much, but that You Are Still You...so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad the surgery is over... onward to recovery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Get some rest, and we look forward to hearing more from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Dana. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery. Sounds like you're already well on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm very impressed you already wrote a blog post with an update, and even more impressed that it sounds perfectly coherent and is free of all grammar and spelling errors! Congratulations and best wishes for a speedy and pain free recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Eleven

This week at work was brain intensive which means I’ve spent the weekend trying to use as few brain cells as possible. That might affect the...