Saturday, August 24, 2019

2019 Project 365 – Week Thirty-four


Dr. M must be feeling some better this week because we have flower pictures! He actually still has a lot of nerve pain – plus the regular aches & pains that usually get handled by the Aleve that he’s not allowed to take right now. But he is forging ahead & trying to feel a little more normal.
Sunday, August 18th                                             
We are pretty much ready for any broccoli situation.


I finally finished this wall hanging. I think it’s going to live in our living room, but that’s still TBD.


I was brushing my teeth & had some sort of mishap when I moved the toothbrush from my top teeth to my bottom teeth & flang toothpaste all over the mirror. Which I had just cleaned the day before. VERY ANNOYING.


Monday, August 19th             
I forgot to bring my “office” glasses to work, so I had to wear my driving glasses which have this very tiny reading/computer section. I spent the day with my head tilted back trying to read things on my computer. VERY ANNOYING.


Tuesday, August 20th                                                
I was trying to work on a shawl during a webinar at work, but my yarn was not cooperating. VERY ANNOYING. (Don’t worry, the rest of the week was less annoying.)


Dr. M caught this butterfly on the wildflowers – he just had his cell phone with him, but stay tuned for a more in focus butterfly.


Wednesday, August 21st                                                        
Dr. M took some pictures of our back yard flowers – they seem to be thriving despite temps in the 90s every day.



Thursday, August 22nd                                                           
More wildflowers (with a guest azalea appearance) – still making me smile. I can’t wait to see what they look like next year.


Friday, August 23rd                                                          
One of my coworkers has been on vacation this week & I DECIMATED her candy basket so I had to replenish it & then I had to put this sign in there.


Butterfly! Dr. M says: "See the dog and the butterfly...up in the air he likes to fly. The dog and the butterfly...below she had to try! And she rolled back down to the warm soft ground, laughing...she don't know why, but she had to try, she had to try...the dog and the butterfly"


Saturday, August 24th          
Went to get groceries today & saw one of my very top pet peeves. No, I did not move the small card to another section – there were too many large carts behind it & I had a car full of groceries. But I was VERY TEMPTED!


Monday is Dr. M’s first follow-up appointment with his surgeon. We’re both a little nervous – hoping that all still looks well & that the pain he feels is just a normal part of the healing process. I remember from my hip surgery (two years ago this week!) that every twinge I felt during those first few months was magnified & turned into “I’ve screwed up my hip” in my brain. Wish us well, won’t you?



5 comments:

  1. Wishing you the best for Monday's appointment!

    My pet peeve is when I brush my teeth and for some reason the liquid toothpaste-saliva mix escapes my mouth and drips on my clean shirt...grrr.

    And shopping carts not being returned to the cart corral is definitely in my top ten peeves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fingers crossed for a good report from the surgeon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flower and butterfly pictures. I feel your pain with the yarn. And, my response is to just put the offending skein away and start with a new one! Hope all goes well on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The technical term for that is Yarn Barf. LOL. And when that occurs it drives me batty. It's the reason why I always wind my yarn before I start knitting. ALWAYS.

    Fingers crossed that The Professor gets some good news and some strategies for pain from the doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great butterfly and flower pix. Yes, I think he's feeling some better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...