Sunday, March 6, 2022

2022 Project 365 – Week Nine

This week was all about my birthday. And Lent. And a couple of more black women. And behind the scenes we’re still bracing for WWIII.
Sunday, February 27th      
New Facebook profile pic (taken while getting gas after church), and cover photo (today’s hymn which I found very apropos).
 

I was meant to be working on last week’s P365 post, but my yarn had taken over the laptop.
 

(Continuing my Black History Month project…) Meet Austin Channing Brown!
 
Monday, February 28th  
I did a recap of my Black History Month posts on March 1st, but I took the picture for it today, so I’m posting the caption today. Black History Month Recap! I hope you’ve enjoyed following along as I highlighted some of the fabulous black women that I follow. February is too short – I didn’t have enough days to cover everyone. So here is a list of other women you should check out. Who do you follow that I should add to the list? Also, do you know what is missing from this list? Black women that I know personally. I’m not someone who makes in real life friends easily, and my real life is a vast sea of whiteness. I joke that I can’t change that because I don’t like to leave my house or make plans or do things. But you know what? If I want to make that vast sea more interesting I am going to have to be intentional. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I try to move out of my comfort zone. It’s probably not ok to just walk up to a person of color & tell them that I need more diversity in my life so I’ve picked them…

 
Meet Morgan Harper Nichols!

Tuesday, March 1st   
For the first time I went with a coworker during my lunch hour to the workout center that is FREE to City employees (I've only been there three years). I just used the treadmill this time, but from now on I’m planning on using the weight equipment (I have a treadmill at home). I have got to add some strength training to my routine (and by routine I mean the one that I have yet to actually establish).
 


Wednesday, March 2nd      
Lent. The service was very cool because we wrote down challenges that we were planning to face during this season and then put the paper into this bowl of water where it just dissolved.
 

Thursday, March 3rd.   
Birthday flowers from my sweetie (he’s the best). My birthday is always during Lent, so maybe that’s why it’s my favorite part of the church year. I struggle with belief because sometimes the Christian faith seems like a lot of hooey. But on the days that I believe, I am drawn to the quietness of this time of contemplation and self examination. I’ve signed up for (I think) four different Lenten meditations. By Easter I’ll be in full belief mode which will last until Christmas. Then I’ll just shake my head at all the folderol until Lent comes around again.
 

Things I did on my birthday: Sat outside & crocheted on the deck, wound some yarn, read a book, ate a big ole bowl of fruit, went to dinner with daddy & Dr. M (Sue was feeling poorly), had a birthday eclair & worked a puzzle. Not pictured: watched what purported to be a hockey game. It was a good day!
 

Friday, March 4th     
Went on a mini ramble with Dr. M. It was a beautiful day! Also, it’s too bad that henbit isn’t a cash crop because it sure is pretty.
 





Dr. M made butternut squash soup from scratch & it was DELICIOUS!
 

Saturday, March 5th      
I took Thursday & Friday off of work and spent a good bit of that time, and Saturday, crocheting. I’ll bet you know what these squares represent – another Moogly crochet along blanket! This will be my 12th (I think – I’ve lost track). I’m using up a big ole bin of Irish wool that was given to me so the colors will be funky. We shall see. Also, these squares haven’t been blocked yet (I need to get some actual wool soak of some kind because the wool feels like it still has lanolin in it).
 

I’m a little annoyed that I have to go back to work tomorrow. However, my crochet hand will be glad of the reprieve. Also, I spent a lot of time on the deck and my body has been reminding me that I have spring allergies so it will be good to spend most of the day inside my office. These are the stories I’m telling myself. What stories do you tell yourself to get pumped up for the week ahead?
 

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, friend! May you have many, many more full of flowers, yarn, and good things to eat. (I lament the lack of cake AND the lack of a really good eclair picture.)

    I've really enjoyed meeting the Black women you've introduced me to, especially Nedra Tawwab. She has terrific insight and encouragement.

    Enjoy your lovely weather. We had a taste of Spring here this weekend with temps in the 60s and even 70. But we are back to Reality tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the Black women series! I agree about Nedra Tawwab - she's so wise and frankly I could listen to her talk all day.

      I WAS ON MY WAY TO BUY SOME CAKE WHILE YOU WERE WRITING YOUR COMMENT! I thought the eclairs would be enough. And I had some ice cream. But I still needed cake. There will definitely be a photo next week.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday a few days late. No stories here, just routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm back to routine myself. We shall see how it goes :)

      Delete
  3. Such a good week! Your birthday sounds like it was a great day. Well - you could open a "Henbit" roadside market and sell plants - it is edible, full of vitamins and low in calories, has been used as a fever reducer, and a single plant can produce over 2000 seeds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa! That is good information about henbit! I wonder what it tastes like...

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Eleven

This week at work was brain intensive which means I’ve spent the weekend trying to use as few brain cells as possible. That might affect the...