Sunday, October 11, 2026

2026 Project 365 – Week Forty-one

We got some hard news this week, but also some good things happened. Let’s dive right in.
Sunday, October 4th
This was actually Monday morning, but since it was the wee hours, I’m counting it as Sunday. I could NOT fall asleep! I was wide awake, so I decided I might as well log into work and get some things done.


Monday, October 5th                    
Dr. M was able to get some sheep photos today. We might live out in the country, but it’s surprisingly difficult to find a traffic-free moment to stop in the road!
 

Meanwhile, I made “chocolate milk” out of some Necco wafers. It was pretty good!


 
Tuesday, October 6th       
I roamed around the yard a bit & gazed with resignation at the remnants of the bee balm. I had hoped to get it chopped down before my surgery. However, it makes an excellent Halloween decoration!
 

Wednesday, October 7th                      
From the socials: Things did not go as planned with today’s post-op appointment. Something isn’t right with the new shoulder apparatus & my surgeon will have to go back in to determine what went wrong & what will be required to fix it. My new surgery is next Thursday the 15th. At which point the clock starts all over again. Prayers for & apologies to Dr. M & my coworkers! At least I got my stitches out & consolation French toast!
 

Later, because he knows I love them, Dr. M sent me a photo of a soybean field.
 

Thursday, October 8th           
I had to laugh at my attempt to pull my hair “back” – I can only do it to one side. I told everyone I had was wearing my hair as a fascinator. Ha!


I asked my dad to come get me for a play date! I wandered around his yard, worked the puzzle, played on my phone, & visited. It was lovely!
 

Friday, October 9th       
My cousin picked me up to hang out at the salon while our other friend got her hair done. We had a lovely time (apologies to the other customer because we were kind of rowdy). Kim pulled my hair back for me (& I still haven’t taken it down – yay!).
 

Saturday, October 10th       
I made myself such a huge bowl of cereal that I had to switch to a pasta bowl!
 

I got this photo from my cousin’s daughter – tummy time with that ridiculous starfish I made. I love that she knows how much it means to see my creations out in the wild.


And I posted this on the socials asking if I was a monster. Truly, I am very random with how I eat a Kit Kat.
 

I have an appointment with my surgeon tomorrow to discuss the new surgery (my appointment on Wednesday was with his PA – she’s the one who saw something that didn’t look right). I have this fantasy that he’ll look at it in person & say that I don’t have to have another surgery (even though the x-ray was pretty clear, AND the PA could see and feel that the “ball” wasn’t in the right place). Whatever happens, you’ll surely hear all about it next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2026 Project 365 – Week Forty-one

We got some hard news this week, but also some good things happened. Let’s dive right in. Sunday, October 4 th This was actually Monday morn...