Saturday, April 4, 2009

I'm not sick - I'm statistically correct

I’m a hypochondriac. Those of you who know me will be amazed by this news, I’m sure, but it’s really true. This morning I went to Weight Watchers & I’m down 1.8 pounds. This would ordinarily be a cause for celebration, but I didn’t have a particularly good WW week. I spent some time with Cadbury eggs & Ben & Jerry’s (& the week before that there was a tryst with some cookie dough). So after I saw my nice loss I started thinking (scary, I know).

What type of wasting disease do I have? What kind of disease doesn’t have any symptoms, yet causes me to lose weight? I head to the keyboard, ready to type in www.webmd.com.

Then I remember a maxim that I created (& quote often): If I’m on plan 80% of the time that’s way better than not being on plan at all. It’s true – my body is so thrilled to be fed healthy food 80% of the time that it’s pretty forgiving of all the saturated fat it gets the other 20%.


So, I lost 1.8 pounds this week. Hallelujah & pass the hash browns!

4 comments:

  1. Aah the joys of WW. I think this dieting lark would be so much easier if our bodies responded to our food intake in a consistent way. Some weeks I'd be good and not lose anything or - worse - gain. Other weeks, I'd not follow the diet properly and lose weight. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argent, I have the same experience! And I try really hard not to get cocky - just because I lost weight eating Cadbury eggs one week doesn't mean I can do that all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be a Weight Watchers Meeting Room Leader, and I would always tell the class, losing some or having a slight stall is still better than gaining. if you weren't here tonight or doing WW during the week, you, and I, too, would most likely be gaining. It's what we do. so pat yourself on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Put your hands where I can see them and step away from the web.md site. It's just like a gateway drug:>)
    Congrats on the 2# loss.(I like to round up)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!