- Have you ever been influenced by a work of art – music, painting, book – and if so, how? My first thought was Mister God, This is Anna – but it’s been so long since I read it that I don’t remember why it affected me so (I’ve got it on hold at the library – we’ll see what I think after I read it again). Then I thought about The Bell Jar. At the end of that book I was terrified – she did such a good job of taking you down that path to suicide. It seemed logical, something to be desired. An “of course” moment. Boy was that scary! I vowed that I would NEVER believe that suicide was the logical answer to any circumstance. So I guess that was pretty life-changing.
- If you were a chocolate bar, what type would you be? Oh totally the one with nuts. I think a Cadbury Fruit & Nut bar sums me up nicely!
- What is your secret weapon to lure the opposite sex? There hasn’t been any luring in many a year, let me tell you! But back in the day, I think my tendency to NOT treat the opposite sex like gods, to laugh a lot, & to make them want to figure me out lured them in. Then they figured out there wasn’t that much there – I just think everything is funny!
- What, in your opinion, is your greatest accomplishment? I have two: 1. I recognized the other part of my soul when I met Dr. M (just took me a few months to figure it out – “oh that’s the warm & fuzzy feeling I have when we’re together – I thought it was just the ping pong.”) And, 2. the fact that Dr. M & I have kept up our Christmas poem tradition for 16 years now.
- How many friends do you have on your Facebook account? 64. I just added a friend of one of my brother’s friends the other day – woo hoo!
Friday, April 17, 2009
Jo over at A Majority of Two has given us some interview questions. Since we haven't heard anything about Dr. M's job (sigh) I decided to go ahead & answer them.