Wednesday's Random Dozen Meme
It's time again for the Random Dozen Meme from "Lidna" at 2nd Cup of Coffee. Enjoy!
1. Tell me the absolute best way to watch a movie. I like watching them at home in comfy clothes, but if we want me to really pay attention it needs to be in a theater with milk duds & popcorn.
2. Do you ever think about your own funeral? If so, do you have specific ideas about how you would like it to be? I do, sometimes – but I think that it’s the province of the living so I don’t really care. Except that there should be singing.
3. Are you more of a giver or a taker? Taker, totally. I have fabulous giving ideas, but my own self-interests do me in most of the time.
4. Vacations: planned activities and schedules, or play it by ear? Play it by ear! It stresses me to have to be somewhere so that’s not very vacationany to me.
5. What is one often overlooked item in your home that needs to be cleaned regularly? The floor!
6. Name a cause that means a lot to you. Episcopal Relief & Development – this organization is able to help so many more people than I could individually.
7. Do you eat a regular old peanut butter jelly sandwich, or do you customize it? And by the way, jelly or no jelly? Definitely yes to jelly – otherwise it’s just P & sticking to the roof of my mouth. Sometimes I add banana, or raisins, or both! And in the dim past my brother & I used to make a mega sandwich with peanut butter, jelly, bologna, cheese & mayo. Not as disgusting as you might imagine – it’s practically a Monte Cristo!
8. If we were having a conversation in person, how would I know if you were nervous? My hands would be cold. Wait, my hands are cold now & I’m not nervous. Can somebody turn the heat up in here? I don’t really know what my “tells” are – but I do know that I don’t have a poker face. You’d probably just be able to look in my eyes & see the bundle of nerves right there.
9. Do you have an elaborate bedtime routine, or just the basics of toothbrushing and jammies? When I was younger I was pretty basic, but now there’s a little more to it: set out my clothes for the next day, pack my lunch, brush teeth, floss, wash face, moisturize the heck out of everything from the neck up, make sure there’s a glass of water available for my middle of the night forays, and lastly, pray (if I don’t fall asleep in the middle – I’m so bad!).
10. Have you ever regretted something you wrote on your blog? I’ve regretted being ditzy, but then I got over it because I AM ditzy – I would like the blog to reflect who I am…
11. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous person or celebrity? Did you agree? Back in the day I was told (or maybe I decided myself) that I looked like Valerie Bertinelli. I could sort of see the resemblance, but she has different eyes & is a lot prettier (and I’m not just being self-deprecating!).I looked for a picture of me that might resemble her but couldn't find one. So I decided to post my 6th grade picture.
12. If you were going to dedicate a song to a loved one or friend, what would the song be and to whom would it be dedicated? I would dedicate Pomplamoose’s “Beat the Horse” to my dear sweet Dr. M. It’s an inside joke…