Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I Know What you Meme - A Random Dozen


Linda over at 2nd Cup of Coffee created a meme & I decided to participate. Aren't you glad? If anyone else would like to join in the fun, you can post your answers in the comments or on your own blog & just let us know that you did it.

  1. When you go to Wowmart, what one thing do you get every single time, besides a funky-wheeled squeaking cart full of frustration? I don’t really have anything – we used to NEVER go, but now that we’ve moved we go much more frequently. It’s close & cheap. But wherever I go, if there’s food, I usually get some form of chocolate.

  2. What is something that people are currently "into" that you just don't get or appreciate? Reality TV. Meh.

  3. What is something that really hoists your sail that other people might feel "ho-hum" about? Baseball!

  4. Favorite song to sing in the shower or car? I’m such a dweeb – I don’t really sing without music on because I can never remember the words. Except for “Dime a Dance” which was on the flip side of Vicki Lawrence’s 1973 single of “The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia.” I sang it incessantly as a child (I was 9 when it came out) – which was a bit of a concern to my parents since the chorus goes: “Hey mister, take a chance – it only costs you a dime a dance. And if you’re looking for romance, I’ll be nice to you…Hey mister it’s so cold if you don’t have someone to hold. I’ll do anything I’m told to do…”

  5. A really great salad must have this ingredient: almonds

  6. Advice in a nutshell to new bloggers (one or two sentences): I’m still new myself, but I’ll say that if you want to experience the blogging community you should comment on other blogs you like – they might visit you & then you can get a dialog going.

  7. What was the alternate name that your parents almost named you? Do you wish they had chosen it instead of the one they gave you? I don’t think there was one (was there, Daddy?). When I was a kid I didn’t like that boys and girls could have my name (Dana). Today I don’t care.

  8. What in your life are you waiting for? To get out of debt.

  9. You get a package in the mail. What is it, and who is it from? The new boots I ordered today (hence the getting out of debt problem). But I need new shoes for the more extreme winters we’re going to have now!

  10. Today--what song represents you? White-Wheeled Limousine by Bruce Hornsby (I’ve been in a mystery frame of mind lately).

  11. What is one thing that blogging has taught you about yourself? I’m a little more vain & a little less daring than I thought I was.

  12. How are you going to (or how did you) choose the clothes you're wearing today? What do they say about you in general or specifically how you're feeling today? I’m in normal office attire today – except that I’m wearing this particular pair of black pants because they have an elastic waist-band so I don’t have to deal with zippers & buttons with one hand. So I’d say my clothes say I’m practical!

8 comments:

  1. I like nuts in salads, too. And dried cranberries. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get reality TV either?

    Is it one big practical joke someone is playing on us all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1: Simpatico. #4: That is hi-lar-i-ous. Best #4 by far. Wish I were waiting on new boots. Love Bruce Hornsby, too, but don't know this song. I have two of his on my playlist. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda - it's from his Hot House album

    LA - I almost put craisins down too!

    Barry - I don't know what it is, but it scares me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I came over from Linda's. :)

    I love chocolate and I love the song you sing...hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :)

    I'm not commenting much right now, but i did enjoy this! I'm with you on reality TV. The opposite on baseball. How funny about the Vicki Lawrence (i almost said CD!) record.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. #7 Alternative name: Well, my first name is Philip but throughout my life thus far my parents, brothers, friends all call me George.

    Why, I hear you yell. OK, I'll tell ya.

    My Dad was also called Philip. So to avoid all sorts of problems my second name is George, so my Mum always called me George, or Georgie - and everybody else did thereafter.

    Reality tv! Yuk ... other than Strictly Come Dancing, a fan of which I avidly am. (Discuss grammar of that sentence).

    BYW, I've always wondered what 'Meme' was all about. Thanks.

    Cheers, Philip George H.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was called George in the 7th grade. My teacher had had a guy named Dana the previous year & he just couldn't call me Dana too - it was too weird. So he called me George. How was that not weird? Pretty much he was a strange - but really good - teacher...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Sixteen

It’s “cold” (53 degrees) and rainy and I am in my sheep pajamas with a warm laptop on my lap. I’m not mad about that. Sunday, April 14 th  ...