1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.)
Well, actually I do both. In the same word. Just look at the word “bacon” in this post. I wonder what that says about me?
2. Are you a dreamer or a realist?
Realistic dreamer? I try not to dream about things that couldn’t possibly happen. Well, except for winning the lottery. But that could happen – really!
3. Billy Joel or Elton John?
Billy! I like Elton better now that I’m older, but I think Billy still wins.
4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not limited to horror flicks but also includes ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plan.
Nightmare on Elm Street. Because I felt like it could really happen. Who’s to say what might infiltrate our dreams?
5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had?
That time in Zambia (or maybe Zimbabwe – doesn’t that sound exotic?) when Mom & Mamaw & I were stuck in the game preserve & I had to get out & stuff rocks under the Kombi’s tires just to get the thing to get out of the mud. And there were lions in that park (not that we ever saw any – they were probably offended by my language). But the threat of lions was enough to get my heart pounding!
6. What word do you misspell without fail?
It used to be “definite” but I did it so often that I finally learned it!
7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at.
Bowling! I really enjoy it, but I have a wicked hook I've never tamed. And never really tried (sorry Daddy) - trying would take all the fun out of it!
8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time?
Leave me alone! Please – just let me finish reading this paragraph/chapter/book and I promise I’ll pay you some attention…
9. Have you ever been on TV?
Nope! And there was a big sigh of relief…
10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.)
Apple – can I have some right now?
11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have?
Too many! Self, More, Guideposts, Greenprints, Weight Watchers, Blue Ridge Country, National Parks, Our State... I always order when the kids come round… But I’m trying to let them die (the magazine subscriptions, not the kids) to gear up for the next round. The only one I won’t do without is Greenprints. Yes, I know it’s a gardening magazine. Yes, I know I don’t have a garden & don’t really like getting dirt under my nails. Your point is?
12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning?
That I do not get the flu once per month. It always sneaks up on me – about every third month I tell Dr. M that I think I have a fever & feel achy. That I’m pretty sure it’s the flu. Sigh.