Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Random Dozen Meme

If it's Wednesday, it must be time for the Random Dozen Meme from "Lidna" at 2nd Cup of Coffee. I tried to be a little more succinct this week. P.S. - if you want to participate just go to Linda's site to link up.

1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.)

Well, actually I do both. In the same word. Just look at the word “bacon” in this post. I wonder what that says about me?

2. Are you a dreamer or a realist?

Realistic dreamer? I try not to dream about things that couldn’t possibly happen. Well, except for winning the lottery. But that could happen – really!

3. Billy Joel or Elton John?

Billy! I like Elton better now that I’m older, but I think Billy still wins.

4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not limited to horror flicks but also includes ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plan.

Nightmare on Elm Street. Because I felt like it could really happen. Who’s to say what might infiltrate our dreams?

5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had?

That time in Zambia (or maybe Zimbabwe – doesn’t that sound exotic?) when Mom & Mamaw & I were stuck in the game preserve & I had to get out & stuff rocks under the Kombi’s tires just to get the thing to get out of the mud. And there were lions in that park (not that we ever saw any – they were probably offended by my language). But the threat of lions was enough to get my heart pounding!

6. What word do you misspell without fail?

It used to be “definite” but I did it so often that I finally learned it!

7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at.

Bowling! I really enjoy it, but I have a wicked hook I've never tamed. And never really tried (sorry Daddy) - trying would take all the fun out of it!

8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time?

Leave me alone! Please – just let me finish reading this paragraph/chapter/book and I promise I’ll pay you some attention…

9. Have you ever been on TV?

Nope! And there was a big sigh of relief…

10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.)

Apple – can I have some right now?

11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have?

Too many! Self, More, Guideposts, Greenprints, Weight Watchers, Blue Ridge Country, National Parks, Our State... I always order when the kids come round… But I’m trying to let them die (the magazine subscriptions, not the kids) to gear up for the next round. The only one I won’t do without is Greenprints. Yes, I know it’s a gardening magazine. Yes, I know I don’t have a garden & don’t really like getting dirt under my nails. Your point is?

12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning?

That I do not get the flu once per month. It always sneaks up on me – about every third month I tell Dr. M that I think I have a fever & feel achy. That I’m pretty sure it’s the flu. Sigh.

13 comments:

  1. definite...me too! Only I will still mis-spell it every time and have to go back and change the a to i. The thing is, I KNOW how to spell it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were good ones. I think I may join in this today, if I get a chance. I used to be an excellant speller, but age does something to ya.....well it does lots of things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was definatelly a great list. As for #2 you may already be a winner and so might I. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny answers...do you get a flu shot?? Maybe if you get one and then tell yourself that since you got a flu shot that you won't get the flu then you'll stop thinking you are getting it...got it?? ha ha

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, i like your list!

    I have been on TV - Roomper Room when i was 5! Does that date me? LOL

    I wouldn't do a flu shot - nasty thing - high doses of Vitamin D3 do wonders (& no, in spite what is reported it is not dangerous; most folks are far too low on D).

    Doing a give away this week if you're interested.

    I love your last post of pics, especially the fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never really answer memes. I'm not sure why as I enjoy reading the things others answer. Maybe that's it, I like to observe the answers...which is why I'd go all Greta Garbo on number 8 ;-)

    I'm a weird blend of social, but needing lots of time alone.

    Readers tend to be loners, and not in that creepy interview-with-the-neighbor-of-lunatic way. So when I'm not reading, I make sure to be a very cheerful, outgoing neighbor. Sometimes I'll even wave enthusiastically with my book.

    That way if anyone ever has reason to interview my neighbors -- for a completely non-creepy, non-violent reason, I hasten to add -- they'll be able to say something like, "She pretty much kept to herself, but she did brandish books about for some unknown reason."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thatsa lotsa magazines! Wow! So you're the one who is supporting the print media. Well, good on you! Hope the neighborhood kids appreciate it!

    That whole flu answer is interesting. Like a Rorschach test kind of interesting...

    Great answers and definitely not run of the mill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your magazine one made me laugh. Very funny.

    That was quite the experience you had in Africa! That would be terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband, who teaches 3rd grade, says they don't teach cursive now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe, enjoyed these today. My writing is so appalling that I should print, but for speed I often scribble and then fume over not being able to read it back.
    Just one magazine here: PC Format, which my hubby took out and is about to expire soon (the mag not the hubby!).
    I cannot spel because lately, I just do becuase. Most annoying and strange since I've been able to spell it properly all my life up to now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoyed your answers. I write in cursive & print at the same time too, every time I sign my name. I HATE cursive b's.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to misspell definite a lot too. Separate as well. It's those vowels.

    I got a program called "Ultimate Employer." It's a little out-dated technology wise (it's still comes on a cd and is kind of ugly), but it's a four part program that creates handbooks and job descriptions, automates performance reviews, and keeps your personnel files organized.

    ReplyDelete
  13. #5 is amazingly scary.

    #7: You win the prize for not answering, "Singing." haha.

    And perhaps you win for most subscriptions!

    have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...