Random Dozen Meme
If it's Wednesday, it must be time for the Random Dozen Meme from "Lidna" at 2nd Cup of Coffee. If you want to participate just go to Linda's site to link up.
1. Candy corn: Your thoughts?
Nectar of the gods…
2. Briefly, what was the first conversation you ever had with your spouse? (or best friend, if you're not married.) (Or someone significant, like your librarian.)
He was wearing overalls & sitting in the floor of the seminary library and was discussing the merits, or lack thereof, of using PVC pipes for wind chimes. I think. And, no, this did not immediately make me think, “Here is the individual I’m going to spend the rest of my life with!” It took a few months of ping pong & deep conversation for that to happen.
3. Could you ever become a vegetarian?
I like vegetarian food well enough that I would be pretty happy going without meat (but not dairy or eggs!), but I’d have to be a LOT more intentional about feeding myself - & we’d totally have to change the places we like to eat.
4. Have you ever dressed up your pet in a costume?
We don’t have any pets, but I dressed a stuffed dog in a baseball uniform. And we have one of those geese who has an outfit for every month – she’s a witch right now, but I don't have a picture of her in that outfit - so here's August.
5. Name something about childhood that you miss (like Clark Bars, Teaberry Gum, Malibu Barbie, cracking fake eggs on people's heads with your fist and "It's the Great Pumpkin" airing only once a year).
Cadging a bite of my mom’s oatmeal cake & a sip of her Pepsi – it tasted extra special because it was hers.
6. Have you ever won a trophy? If not, what do you deserve a trophy for?
I think my softball team got trophies the one year I played, but I’m not sure why. Probably for showing up to play. I was TERRIBLE! I was tall for my age (stopped growing in the 5th grade – I was 5’4”) and they expected that I could hit the ball a long way. And I actually couldn’t hit past the pitcher. It was as effective as a bunt, but then I couldn’t really run the bases very well either. Can I read a book now?
7. When do you think is the appropriate time to begin playing Christmas music each year?
The day after Thanksgiving. I try to be very strict so that I don’t burn out.
8. What's your favorite board game?
Trivial Pursuit! The original version where I have a slight chance of actually beating you.
9. How do you feel about surprises (receiving, not giving)?
Depends on the surprise, but usually it amazes me to have someone think enough about me to surprise me so I’m pleased. That sounds pathetic, but I have self-esteem issues. Don't hassle me.
10. Is it easy for you to say, "I'm sorry?"
Yes, but then I almost always follow up with, but it really wasn’t my fault because of this or that. Trying to break that habit.
11. What is your favorite candle scent?
12. October is traditionally "open house" time in public schools. If you had a literal open house in your home (like a reception) what light snacks would you serve visitors and what would you show them (as in art projects, graded papers) that would uniquely represent you?
Dr. M would go overboard on cheeses, crackers, dips, chips & salsa, and then I would make this great recipe for cake balls from Kelly’s blog. I would show off my photo albums, and we would leave the computer on so we could show all of our pictures (yes, we’re those people). If the weather was nice we would show off our garage – we’re so excited to have one! And we would show off our flowers.