Random Dozen Meme
If it's Wednesday, it must be time for the Random Dozen Meme from "Lidna" at 2nd Cup of Coffee. If you want to participate just go to Linda's site to link up.
1. It's early morning, about 2:00AM, and you're driving home. You come to a red light and sit there. There is no one in sight for miles around. Do you wait it out or run the light?
In Lusaka, definitely run the light (the police told us to not sit at red lights at night). Here? I probably would wait. I’m kind of a fraidy cat & would suspect that there was a patrol car just waiting to nab me.
2. If you had the chance to re-do the last 24 hours, would you change anything?
The powdered donuts. Not the eating them part. The part where the powder got ALL OVER my black pants. Not pretty.
3. When you reply to someone's comment on your blog, do you reply in your comments or go to her blog and comment? (Or email her)
I reply mostly on my blog (when I remember – sorry commenters!). But sometimes I’ll reply on their blog if I happen to be there & remember.
4. Your favorite Disney movie is:
Jungle Book. I love Baloo the Bear.
5. Do you recycle?
Yes! In fact, I think we’ve got more recycling than actual trash. But I shouldn't be all that proud about it because it means we eat more things out of boxes and plastic containers.
6. Games of strategy or games of chance?
Depends on how sharp I’m feeling at the time – I like both.
7. Do you have any recurring dreams?
Yes – I’m in a house with dozens of rooms, all on different levels (two steps up to the kitchen, three steps down to the living room). Depending on the dream I might be trying to cook (ha!), looking for someone, taking care of a baby (yikes!), trying to hide, just hanging out with my mom – but it’s the same house. If I ever found an actual house like it I might run screaming in the other direction!
Another recurring dream is where I’m trying to find the bathroom & the only toilet is in the middle of a busy intersection, or out in a store, or you can’t shut the door. This is because I’ve got to GO, & can’t quite get awake enough – thank goodness my subconscious makes it so hard to have any privacy or Dr. M & I might be changing the sheets!
8. What did you learn from your first real job?
That when I get too comfortable with people I can be really bitchy. I got into trouble with my snarky attitude, but I thought I was friends with the person who was offended. I was really hurt that she didn’t say something to me instead of my boss. It taught me that the workplace is not a place to let down your guard. Then I spent the next 19 years ignoring that bit of wisdom & people learned that I’m just a snarky person. BEWARE THE “DANA LOOK!”
9. Do you buy or borrow most books?
I buy Nora Roberts books. Other books I get from the library – mostly downloading them in either .pdf or WMA format (so I can read them on my mini-notebook, or listen to them on my MP3 player). Sometimes I check an actual BOOK out of the library!
10. What fashion trend of the past did you say you'd never wear again but did?
Well, we had 80s day at work & you can see how well THAT worked for me! Sometimes I think about getting a perm again – I spent most of the 80s with permed hair…
11. When do you start Christmas shopping?
I guess about now. Dr. M likes to wait until the last minute & after almost 19 years of marriage he’s infected me. I do most of our shopping online because I HATE SHOPPING!
12. Have you ever been so happy that you literally jumped up and down for a few seconds? If so, what was the occasion?
When Dr. M got his job at the university last spring. I walked into my coworkers’ office & they thought I was having an epileptic fit. I may have looked like Elaine from Seinfeld. I was pretty excited.