Day Two of Operation Lent, and Other Random Randomness
I promise I’m not going to give a daily accounting of how I’m doing on my Lenten observance – because that just smacks of doing good works for glory & such (although I’m not sure my works will be all that good, come to think of it). But it amuses me to write about my progress so far.
· Yeah, so I haven’t been successful at getting up at 6:00 the last two mornings. I set my alarm & then I just hit snooze. Same as it ever was. However I am getting to bed by 10:00 which is the most important part of the equation.
· So far so good on the no sweets. I got my sack ‘o Girl Scout Cookies & didn’t even open it (I know even I’m shocked by that). And I added sliced almonds to my dish of chopped apple & banana & my goodness I thought I was already breaking the rules – so yummy!
· By far the easiest of the three practices is the rosary – both because I was already doing it about 50% of the time, and because it’s a nice peaceful way to end the day. No issues there.
· I’m singing one solo verse (a cappella for heaven’s sake!) on Sunday morning & I’m a wee bit freaked about it. Especially because it’s the opening music – the choir is going to process down the aisle to my
hopefully not flat dulcet
· I last washed my hair on Tuesday. Today I pulled it back with a barrette to minimize disgust. And I’m wondering if I can go another day. This is one thing that doesn’t suck about getting older – I’ll bet another few years & I’ll be down to washing my hair once a week.
· Knowing that the Braves’ pitchers & catchers reported on Monday is like back when we lived in Fairfield & we were driving back from NC & saw the “Cincinnati 75 miles” sign on the interstate. Home is so close we can taste it but there’s still another 2 hours to go. Sigh. [Note: I’m still singing, “…and the home of the Braves!”every morning. I wonder if that makes me unpatriotic?]
OK, that’s enough of that. Carry on!