Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Busy busy busy…


I’ve been working on a big project at work & it’s using my WHOLE BRAIN. Sheesh. I haven’t really had time to read my usual blogs. And there’s certainly no brain left to write anything for this space. Of course it’s not keeping me from writing whatever this will end up being.

The other morning I fell asleep after Dr. M’s alarm went off (I get to sleep a half hour more). During that brief time I dreamed that my father-in-law was really worried that I would be late for work. And of course in the dream I couldn’t find the shower – and when I did find it, it was filled with other people. This is pretty typical – except for the presence of my father-in-law, which was quite odd because he doesn’t usually find his way inside my dreams. However, his worrying about me getting to work is typical – he’s a worrier.

I helped Dr. M mow the yard yesterday. Here’s his Facebook status afterward: Giving a shout-out to my wonderful wife who helped me mow the lawn! A year ago, she was struggling to walk. Now, baby's got a brand new hip! Going to take that thang for a spin, soon, sinking our toes into some beach sand I used to mow a lot when I was a kid – and at our first home after we were married – but it’s been a while since it was a regular part of my life. I plan on using it for exercise purposes this summer – ha!

We’ve planned a trip to the beach at the end of the month. Then we’re heading to NC to celebrate my father-in-law’s birthday. Hey – maybe that’s why I dreamed about him. I wonder if my head will still be attached to my shoulders then?

This cell is merged with
that cell.
And you wish it weren’t
but there it is
so have to un-merge it
so your spreadsheet
will make sense.
And then I can delete
that extra row.
And maybe make the
whole thing a lovely shade
of blue.

You know, if you
make one more
change, my head
will come clean
off my shoulders

And then where will you be?

[Note: I’m grousing, but really I live for projects like this. I’ll just be glad when it’s done – ha!]

12 comments:

  1. I predict you will soon be a star in Cirque de Soleil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you join Cirque de Soleil, you may have to come to Canada for training. =D My head spins just trying to stay on top of running my house/life. It's easier for two people.lol Thanks for sharing this and best wishes on your big project at work. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dreams are tricky things. I don't pay much attention to mine, except for the waterfall dream that wakes me and sends me running to the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to be busy. I know what you mean about living for projects and simultaneously grousing about them.

    Your upcoming beach trip sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to go to the beach!!!!!!

    Right NOW!
    R

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm...I'd kick those people out of your shower before you get in.

    I want to go to the beach right now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that I'm not working I actually miss those days of big projects being put into an even bigger spreadsheet!

    Hugs & love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have really weird dreams when I eat spicy food late at night :)

    I'm glad there are people like you who enjoy spreadsheets and such, so the rest of us don't have to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad I'm not the only person who reacts to stress at work with weird dreams. I've always thought it's my mind coping with it all. See, you could have weird dreams, or just come unhinged at work, screaming at your co-workers.

    Really, having weird dreams is the much more civilized option! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't been reading as much either. I feel like my days are slipping away without getting anything accomplished so I'm trying to stay away from the computer and be more productive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I've ever ever dreamt of my father in law - he's a worrier too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. my grass gets so high that rumour has it that Johnny Weismuller used to come here between filming Tarzan movies

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...