Senior Moments...

Daddy & Amy mopped up at the Senior Games again this year.

First of all, they won a gold medal for their skit this year. As you can see, I get my lack of shame honestly.




Daddy didn't win anything in the singing competition this year. He didn't actually sing - he just whistled a tune that he's had in his head for years (that none of us recognized - actually, we thought he was kind of crazy). Then he asked the audience if any of them recognized it. And someone did! They said it was Milord. Who knew? [Note: Edith Piaf made it famous, but I'm linking to an English version sung by Cher - ha!]


Then they went on a field day extravaganza. Here's a picture of Daddy's medals.


He won four silver & three gold in spincasting, basketball shoot, shot put, football throw, table tennis, discus & standing long jump - check out this hang time :)




I didn't take a picture of Amy's medals, but she won gold in basketball shoot, softball throw, standing long jump, corn hole toss, shot put, football throw & discus. Whew!

I'm amazed at their ability to get out there & move their bodies. I plan to grow up to be like them - but I'd better get busy!


Comments

  1. I think this is how you reverse the hands of time. Good for them! They look like they're having a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Cu-do's to living life to the fullest. They should be an example for all of us!

    R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you say 'role models?' Oh yes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so inspiration... never stop having fun... never stop MOVING!!!
    Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray!!! You gotta love a man who puts on two knee braces and competes in the standing long jump. I know you want to grow up just like him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really inspiring! I couldn't do any of that...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for them! I bet your dad is glad to know that tune has a name!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so inspiring, make me feel like a lazy lump and they are such a handsome couple, congrats to them:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What an inspiring post. I'm going to go out and have a walk RIGHT NOW. Oh, wait... it's hot out there. Maybe this evening....

    Joking aside, those are marvelous photos and marvelous smiles. I'm smiling right back at them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!