I'm turning 50 in 2014. (That just seems surreal to me). Pixel Peeper has been doing a 54 new things by 54 on her blog & that has inspired me to do something similar. Except that I'm going to try to do 50 things that I've been Meaning to Get Around To. I'm going to write them down and I'm going to check my progress regularly. And I'm going to reserve the right to change some of the items at my own whim. I sat down today & made a good start to my list. Here are the first 25.
1. Review this list every Sunday & plan which items I can do that week.
2. Go see the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit at the Cincinnati Museum Center.
3. Visit the Leo Petroglyph.
4. Go to an exhibit at the local historical society museum.
5. Check out the Serpent Mound again.
6. Make exercise as much of a habit as brushing & flossing my teeth! (I have come up with some mini goals to make this happen)
7. Corral my sweet tooth. Your guess is as good as mine as to how I do it, but I’m going to start by writing down everything I eat – especially since most people who lost weight & kept it off used a food journal. I’ll reevaluate this goal in June 2013 to see how things are going.
8. Stay in a cabin in Hocking Hills.
9. Work a jigsaw puzzle in my own home (this will require sacrificial use of the kitchen table).
10. Watch the rest of the Thin Man movies.
11. Go see Les Misérables in the theater.
12. Go to a Cincinnati Reds baseball game.
13. Reduce our debt by $10,000 (more would be better!).
14. Eat fast food no more than twice per week.
15. Reduce my use of frozen dinners for lunch – no more than two per week (less would be better!).
16. Turn the computer off & crochet more in the evenings (I’ll need an action plan for this one – perhaps a buzzer that goes off at 8:00 so I have to get off of Facebook?).
17. Drink 36 ounces of actual water a day (more would be better!).
18. Do the jar of notes about good things for 2013 (Note: Find a jar for the notes).
19. Organize the spare room (I might have to do this in stages).
20. Get my hair trimmed at least twice!
21. Finally go see my Aunt Mimi’s house & property.
22. Visit the site of Henry River Mill Village.
23. Visit my cousin Scottie & her husband John.
24. Find a pair of short black boots suitable for work and snow.
25. Text my brother once per week.
Some of these are a little more amorphous than others. I'll try to come up with plans for them so that I'm not sitting down to my birthday cake wondering why they didn't happen!
What would you guys put on the list?