Sunday, May 4, 2014

2014 Project 365 – Week Eighteen



What a lovely week! The weather was (mostly) beautiful – cool in the mornings & warmer in the afternoons. It’s my favorite time of year, and I’m trying to savor every moment.

Sunday, April 27th       
Dr. M went to the National Museum of the Air Force with a couple of students. He had a grand time and wrote two blog posts about the experience. Check them out here and here. I, of course, decided to pick out the picture of the pink plane as representative of his day – ha!


I had a little friend at church today – she was fascinated with my phone.


The Daily Bike.


Monday, April 28th
I finished the rock puzzle! It was just a bit challenging.


The Daily Bike. This is my “Oh shoot I forgot to close the garage door & Mike isn’t home!” face :)


Tuesday, April 29th            
I love all the flowering trees this time of year!


The Puppy Cow Daycare Center and its humble protector.


The Daily Bike.


Wednesday, April 30th
More lovely trees…



The LAST Daily Bike. If you haven’t seen my college of all the pictures, check it out here.


Thursday, May 1st      
I’ve decided that, although I’m not abandoning my bike, I need to add walking to my daily regimen. So I’m going to walk every day in May. I wasn’t going to take a picture every day, but my “demanding public” on Facebook, well, demanded. Heh. Here is Day One.


Friday, May 2nd
Love love love this squirrel picture Dr. M took – it looks like some sort of squirrel art piece.


And at the other end of the spectrum from “lovely” is this abandoned urinal Dr. M saw. What caption would you give this picture?


I started another puzzle. Of course I’m working the sky first. I might be at this one for a while.


My daily walk. I just love phlox – it makes me smile wherever I see it. And on Facebook someone pointed out that my shoes match – ha!


Saturday, May 3rd  
Robins in the afternoon light.


Raven and/or crow (and/or??). I like the bit of nesting material it has in its beak.


Goldfinch couple.


My walk today was behind our lawnmower. Ha!


Have a great week!

Most of our photos are taken with a 12 megapixel Nikon D5000 DSLR, using a 55-200mm zoom lens. This is the camera that Dr. M takes with him most days. He also takes pictures with our old reliable 7 megapixel Canon Powershot A710.  The Bug uses our new Nikon Coolpix S6200 most of the time. If you’re interested in which camera was used for a particular shot, just ask!

14 comments:

  1. Im glad you finished the puzzle. all work would have screeched to a halt if it had been here. Still have some trees flowering here but all with white flowers. the magnolia is starting up. are you sure that squirrel is not, in fact, the sculptor, nipping here and there to direct the growth where he wants it? I love phlox too but never remember to plant it in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pink biplane? No wonder the Germans lost that war. Kinda cute, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an interesting attempt at camouflage, I reckon...and kinda cute.

      Delete
  3. I love all the blooming stuff, especially the Japanese magnolias from Tuesday. We had these in South Carolina (I think they bloomed in January), but they quite rare here in Florida. Too hot, I guess. Good idea about your "daily walk" picture. I still think you should give Runkeeper a try...it's fun. And it's a free app.

    LOL at the abandoned urinal. It looks like a mosquito trap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember seeing the Japanese magnolias blooming in Charleston, SC, in early March, which may have been late that year.

      Delete
  4. I love phlox, too. So pretty. I'm going to start walking when I get back from vacation. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That squirrel photo is awesome. It really DOES look like some kind of modernist sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were very creative with all your riding photos...that can get hard to change up. I think the accountability is helpful with people expecting a picture everyday. You can't let us down! :)

    Such a beautiful time of year and you two do an incredible job of capturing the beauty of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As i scroll down through your photos, each is a delightful surprise!
    I like the accountability built into the photo-a-day exercise plan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that dear, dear baby moo cow! Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Eleven

This week at work was brain intensive which means I’ve spent the weekend trying to use as few brain cells as possible. That might affect the...