Saturday, April 17, 2021

2021 Project 365 – Week Sixteen

Oh my goodness – spring has truly sprung this past week. The azaleas are out of control (yes, there is photographic evidence below), and things are green and growing. Our world is still sad and hard, but Mother Nature is helping us cope a little better. I shall blame her for the fact that we have a TON of pictures.
 
Sunday, April 11th  
I played hooky from church and went mall walking with this handsome gentleman.
 

Dr. M’s mother’s azaleas – gorgeous!
 

Monday, April 12th   
No, I wasn’t cold in my office. Why do you ask?
 

Dr. M found us a couple of new flowers for the front, and took some photos of how pretty everything is.
 

I’ve decided to become bicrafty & ordered some knitting needles. But I had these (size 11 for folks who know) and thought I’d get a head start. Um. Not so much.
 

Tuesday, April 13th  
Sir Basil got a new pot and got to go live on the deck.
 

Wednesday, April 14th      
Dr. M’s dad’s neighbor’s azaleas – also gorgeous!
 
Thursday, April 15th   
Here is what I posted on Instagram today: People who only see these squares (& don’t see my stories) might not know that I’m a bleeding heart left leaning liberal Christian who denounces white supremacy in all its forms & who is trying to be a better ally to all the marginalized people around me (sadly a small number because I live in a very white cisgender world right now). I’m appalled at violence against Black folks and Asian folks and transgender folks. And this violence is NOT NEW. I helped my historian husband research “outrages” against freed people in post Civil War Kentucky. I dream of a world where a traffic stop doesn’t have to be deadly. Or where a person who doesn’t look like me can just walk home safely. Or where people can be the people that they want to be, love who they want to love, and have the same rights as everyone else. I also dream of a day when I can actually knit. Things are not looking good. (Thanks to @deidrariggs for encouraging me to write this out.)
  


Friday, April 16th   
Mammogram selfie, and a book from waiting area. I had a bit of a scare because they took me back for an ultrasound after reviewing my first set of images. Fortunately it was just another cyst – and I don’t have to go back again for another year. Woot!
 

Oh my goodness – such excellent news! The prayer shawl made it to its recipient! It had NOT been delivered – apparently it just went on a long journey (or fell into a crevice in the mail truck). This was such a lovely surprise during a hard news week.
 

Saturday, April 17th   
A ridiculous number of photos today. First up, my temperature blanket photo shoot has moved outdoors (that’s a pink sheet in case you’re concerned about your eyes). I had the bonus of getting to see this cutie while I was out there.  
 

Our neighbor’s azaleas – also gorgeous. They’re practically neon.
 

I finally took my hair down from the top knot I wore to bed the night before. My hair is ridiculous – although as I told someone, all that volume is 50% dry shampoo (I haven’t washed my hair since Tuesday).
 

I went out to the swing to read my book (the latest Walt Longmire) and ended up with a very furry visitor. He makes me laugh. He was a very good boy, so we walked up to the house so Dr. M could give him a treat.
 

I feel like we’ve entered the season of Too Many Pictures. Feel free to just scroll through them without paying too much attention. Are you guys enjoying spring where you are?

12 comments:

  1. It's a blessing to have too many interesting subjects to photograph, isn't it? The azaleas are beautiful and I'm SO HAPPY that Reya's shawl finally arrived. I have to wonder what the heck is going on with the post office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Someone on her FB page said that he'd received a Christmas card last week!

      Delete
  2. The SC State House grounds have a bunch of azaleas bushes. I'm going to try and get there today to take some pictures. As usual though, I've probably missed them in their prime.

    Yeah, I'm enjoying spring. Especially since I have a riding lawnmower now and don't have to bother my children about push cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. azaleas are just glorious! I never learned to knit. I'm glad Reya finally got her prayer shawl. and I agree 100% with your statement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to have a furry neighbor drop by for company. Sometimes, that's just what you need.

    Azaleas are just starting around here, thanks to a return to cooler (50s) weather. Lilacs are also looking ready to go. And this has been a spectacular year for blossoming trees.

    Since you are a crocheter, knitting will be a rough transition for a while. Hang in there. Don't try anything fancy. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The knitting is going a little better, but I'm still skeptical. What started me down this path was a crochet blog I follow is offering a "bicrafty bootcamp" for crocheters who want to learn to knit. We shall see.

      Delete
  5. I'm not religious so don't get excited but bless you for that Thursday Instagram post. And the prof looks very pleased with his life on that red mower! Good for him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, lovely, gorgeous pictures! Looks like you had a really good week. I am envious of your learned knitting talent. My aunt tried to teach me long years ago but it just didn't stick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you! Don't be too envious yet - I still have NO IDEA what I'm doing with those knitting needles!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Eleven

This week at work was brain intensive which means I’ve spent the weekend trying to use as few brain cells as possible. That might affect the...