20 years ago today I was minding my own business, planning to spend the evening with my friends Lee & M. Lee & I decided to go wild & crazy – so we rented “Nine ½ Weeks” with Kim Basinger & Mickey Rourke. That was the extent of our crazy – there wasn’t even any alcohol involved that I recall, but then we were house-sitting our seminary professor’s home. Boy that was a steamy movie!
Anyway.
Lee left to “do laundry” back at the dorm (that was code for “call an ex-boyfriend she had no business talking to”), so M & I started cleaning up the kitchen. That’s when it happened.
The kiss.
I don’t know how or why, but that night M & I crossed the line of friendship into the something more. It was a pretty dramatic shift for us, which is why we remember the date so well.
Seems like yesterday.
Seems like always.
Love you, dear heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2026 Project 365 – Week Thirty-eight
Remember how last week I said that we had another social gathering at church? Well, we had another one today – a baby shower. Let’s see, I ...
-
[Note: I'm posting this early because we're leaving for NC in the morning. I'll still monitor things while I'm gone, bu...
-
At work we all agreed that this was The Longest Week Ever. We weren’t sure why, but we were sure glad for it to be over. On the other hand, ...
Tantalizing post luvverly Bug. I too have a similarly romantic event burned into my memory. It was when my first serious girlfriend and I were in the Classic Cinema in South Croydon.
ReplyDeleteThese thrilling and beautiful memories never leave one.
Well, that "steamy movie" did have a say in all this, after all.
ReplyDeleteLove this post. And thankfully Lee had dirty laundry to do, yes? LOL.
ReplyDeleteI remember watching "Nine and 1/2 Weeks"
ReplyDeleteI think I need to go have a cold shower, just remembering it!
This is wonderful..what a magical thing to remember- lovely. An unexpected kiss is the best kind.
ReplyDeleteDo you watch it on your anniversary? :)
ReplyDeleteYou know, we haven't watched the movie since. I wonder if it would lose some of it's magic?
ReplyDelete