Sunday, July 19, 2026

2026 Project 365 – Week Twenty-nine

I had another lovely Saturday at home. I did laundry, crocheted, played on my iPad, got NINE hours of sleep. I’m starting to dream of what it will be like when I retire (possibly in April, 2029 after I turn 65).
Sunday, July 12th                   
Sunday mood (this shirt says Love your Neighbor in a bunch of languages).

Monday, July 13th                
No photo.
 
Tuesday, July 14th  
This, from Dr. M’s social media: The weather was drizzly and dreary in Plateau this morning. As at least some of you know, today is the 237th anniversary of the storming of the Bastille in Paris (France, not Kentucky). Sadly, it is also the 10th anniversary of the morning I was summoned to HR at UU and forced to accept early retirement. Feck and alas. (Note from the Bug: “Feck and alas” is a cleaned up version of a quote from a book that was so quirky and weird and yet I loved the heck out of it. I would try to go & find out the name of it, but I think maybe only one of you would be interested (Ellen, if you ARE interested, let me know!)).
 

Wednesday, July 15th                 
I did a zinnia ramble. I love seeing them in all their iterations. Fascinating!
 

Thursday, July 16th      
Dr. M demonstrating that apparently neither Rhyne can park Daisy D. Ford.
 

Friday, July 17th   
No photo.
 
Saturday, July 18th   
I’m working on a super secret project. It’s going really well!
 

As I mentioned last week, this coming Friday is another pretty important employee benefit that I had to set up. I did my part and now I just have to see if it worked like it was supposed to. It’s a little nerve-wracking. The first check in August has ANOTHER big change that I have to set up, and then, really I promise, I will be done with all the open enrollment changes. Whew! How has your summer been going? Are you heat-dome addled too?

6 comments:

  1. That bottom right photo of the red zinnia's cool -- I'm sure it's a genetic variation of the sort I see with some of our wildflowers from time to time. Is that an octopus in your last photo? I have a friend who is consumed with octopi -- I think if she was offered a chance to live with them, she would. Speaking of Kentucky, do you know of the Lexington Lab Band? They do covers of all kinds of songs, with a rotating crew of musicians, and they are fabulous. I just learned about them, and can't stop scrolling through their offerings on youtube. They have a concert in Lexington just once a year; this year it's in September. If I had money and time, I'd go. Having neither, I'll just watch them on youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heat dome and wildfire smoke. Will we ever see normal weather again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have the best t-shirts. That's OK, I googled the phrase and the AI decided I was down in the dumps and tell me what's going on and I'll see if I can help. What the actual fuck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2026 Project 365 – Week Twenty-nine

I had another lovely Saturday at home. I did laundry, crocheted, played on my iPad, got NINE hours of sleep. I’m starting to dream of what ...