Random Dozen Meme
It's time again for the Random Dozen Meme from "Lidna" at 2nd Cup of Coffee. I skipped last week because my answers were boring. I don't know that this week's answers are exciting, but I'm playing anyway...
- Please share one middle school memory. It can be good, bad, ugly, funny. Pictures or words, I don't care, just share. I had a friend who had a bit of a language issue (remember Janis, Kim?). She was trying to cut back on her cussing so she had me hit her in the arm every time she let loose. I had the best year!
- What's your favorite Beatles song? Eleanor Rigby. It’s always made me want to be sure that my life means something. I should listen to it every day!
- If I asked you to describe your most comfortable outfit, what would it be? It’s a matchy matchy outfit of light green cotton capris with a green & white striped top. I look like I’m about to get on a boat. I’m wearing it today with WHITE sandals, because if the weather is going to act like summer (it’s 73F & muggy) then I’m going to wear summer clothes!
- Would you rather host a party or be a guest? This is tough. I like having guests because Dr. M does all the work. I clean, but he plans & prepares the food. It’s a good partnership. And a big bonus is that I don’t have to go anywhere & can go barefoot if I want. But we don’t do it very often because it wears us out. Going to someone else’s party is less exhausting, but not quite as fulfilling.
- Do you think we will move completely from traditional books to digital ones, and if we do, are you OK with that? I sure hope not! I did just download a book from my library in PDF format to see what I thought about the concept. I have a little mini notebook & I must admit it was nice to read it on the couch without worrying about turning on a light. And I could check my email periodically. But I like books – how they feel & how portable they are & that they don’t require power (other than a light source). I would like to utilize BOTH forms!
- Do you learn best by reading, listening or experiencing? Experiencing! It’s best if someone shows me, then I read the instructions to reinforce what they showed me. Listening doesn’t really work very well for me – my mind wanders. I’m amazed that I passed any tests in school!
- If you are (or when you were) single, what is the kiss of death for you concerning the opposite sex? (That is, what is one trait or behavior or habit or anything at all that immediately turns you off from considering that person a potential match for you?) Back when I was dating the kiss of death was a person who took themselves too seriously. I am fairly irreverent – if a person couldn’t handle that then I didn’t want to hang with them – no fun!
- Snacks. Salty or sweet? Sweet – I have a bit of a problem with my sweet tooth. I did the 5 Day Miracle Diet about 10 years ago to address just that problem & it worked pretty well. But you can’t stay on a Miracle Diet forever. Sigh.
- Look around you in a four foot radius. What object is around you that you didn't realize was there or forgot was there? How long has it been there? I’m at work, but I have a food scale on my desk – in case I wanted to measure how many ounces of chocolate covered raisins I was eating (really!). I brought it in about 9 months ago, but obviously I haven’t felt the need to measure any food lately!
- What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie? Jerry Maguire (mostly because of Renee Zellweger & the little kid).
- You buy a bottle of shampoo and discover that you don't like what it does to your hair at all. What do you do with that full bottle? Bring it to work & make one of the ladies here take it.
- Your favorite Fall comfort food? (Last week it was beverage.) Pecan Pie – I know I can get it other times of the year, but it seems to show up more in the fall. mmm - sticky goodness!