I'm a Versatile Blogger!
Don’t Feed the Pixies has given me an award! Well, I think I got it by default. But since I really enjoy talking about myself I’ll play along. I’m supposed to tell seven things about myself & then pass along the award to seven people. As I’m typing this I’m fairly certain I will be skipping the second part, but we’ll see after all that nice talking about myself.
1. I used to carry my lunch when I was in high school. I didn’t want to figure out what table to sit at. I’m not sure I was afraid of rejection, exactly, but I WANTED TO BE LEFT ALONE TO READ MY BOOK IN PEACE. I always had the same thing (or at least I did my senior year) – a livermush sandwich. Wonder what I took to drink? I certainly never touched the everclear the yearbook photographer (another senior – not an adult!) would bring in for his lunch.
2. I once worked as an admin for an agency that provided services to rape & domestic abuse survivors. And I was a square peg in a round hole in that place – it is very hard working with a lot of touchy feely women if you’re a non touchy feely woman. I was forever offending someone. That said – these were some of the best people I ever worked with. They used their energy & empathy to help other women, so they didn’t have any left to combat me.
3. My mother is forever invading my dreams. Sometimes it’s just ordinary stuff & other times I wonder what in the world my subconscious is trying to tell me. Just over the weekend I dreamed that she was sort of Joan Crawford-ish & she spoke in that fake British accent that people seemed to have back then. Ya’ll, my mom was from North Carolina. And she was probably the opposite of Mommy Dearest. Very odd.
4. My dream home would have a living room large enough to hold a table for a jigsaw puzzle. I would quit blogging & just work puzzles every evening.
5. I am working really hard to embrace fall this year. I try thinking thoughts like, “surely everyone is tired of pictures of hummingbirds and finches,” and, “aren’t these cooler days fabulous?” But, really, what’s playing in the back of my head is dark commutes on the way to & from work, having to wear my coat, and driving in the snow. Sigh.
6. Aren’t we to seven yet? I’m counting this question as revealing something about myself.
7. Just now I was looking at the Ohio flag flying outside my office window & remembering all the brouhaha about how Obama had created his own flag for his Obamanation – and the picture they showed was of the Ohio state flag. Oh I laughed for many days about that one.
Well, as I suspected, I am not going to pass this award along. Although, frankly there are a number of you about which that I would enjoy reading more. So, feel free to take this award & run with it if you’re so inclined.