Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Poetry Bus - Transformed by Love

It's the Poetry Bus! It's the Poetry Bus! This week's driver, Pure Fiction, has asked us to write about a moment of transformation. My moment of transformation happened back in seminary (no it wasn't the Old Testament paper I wrote about last week). I wrote a bit about the actual moment here (although I had my day wrong - it was July 23rd, not the 21st).


Dr. M & I playing a game with J & K - we're just friends I tell you! Friends!

I wanted to write about
How you waited under that tree
About how you slipped
Surreptitiously into
The fabric of my life.

I wanted to write about
My denial and qualm
About the way you crept
Covertly into my dreams.

I wanted to write about
Desire and a kitchen accident
About souls stealing
Silently away together.

But it made me blush
So I didn’t.

Our first Christmas


Still just friends?


19 comments:

  1. I love love! I still remember the exact moment I first saw Justin- my precise thought was, "What a wierd little dude".

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful, Dana. That moment of love is so precious, so beautiful and it is always subtle. You capture it beautifully with these marvellously alliterative words,

    "About how you slipped
    Surreptitiously into
    The fabric of my life."

    The photographs are great too! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures and your writing! I am thinking it looks a little too friendly at the end!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those begonning times - sometimes I think it would be fun to do all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful poem - (and a lovely story) You're on the bus

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely adorable. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet! Beginnings are so wonderful. the rest is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uplifting and so full of promise .... your Poetry Bus entry will create longing in those of us who don't have a life partner .....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! it's just really simply put and as a result is extremely gorgeous... I would go along with eejit's suggestion :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. great one bug - reads really honest and true!!
    lovely

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great poem and such a piece to hold onto for life! (I love your matching red outfits on your first Christmas and Dana, those red socks look really cozy.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The kitchen accident is a great line - really gets the imagination into overdrive!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like the way you write this very positive poem "negatively", saying what you're not going to do.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, just gorgeous! Love the way the reader is pulled straight into this most intimate of poems and included. Then turned away at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I knew for a fact that you were young once. Good photographic evidence.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...