I have no introductory remarks today - let's get right to the
- Now is the time for my annual show of disgust for the end of Daylight Savings Time. (You may have noticed that this show lasts about a month.) Very soon my daily walks will be made in the dark. And perhaps, you may say, that would be the case even if the time hadn't changed, because, hello, shorter days. Nevertheless I reserve my right to complain about it. I could walk during lunch, but that would mean actually taking a lunch hour.
- There probably won't be a "Book Review Tuesday" tomorrow because I'm only on part 4 of 26 in the audio book of short stories (Dangerous Women), and only 7 % done with Ramona and 19% done with Blood Magick. I guess I could stay up all night to finish that last one, but odds are pretty good that I won't.
- I sent the rest of the Halloween candy to school with Dr. M & not a moment too soon! I'm afraid to get on the scale, but my jeans are telling me the sordid tale anyway. Time to get back to eating foods that are good for me - my body is about tired of all this chocolate & sugar. Toward that end, I bought Cuties today. I'm pretty sure my brain won't consider them a substitute for Fun Size Almond Joys, but my brain can just keep quiet.
- I really enjoyed our annual Vestry retreat. A lot of the time was spent being contemplative. It's nice to not have anything you have to do. And our particular group is a lot of fun - there was MUCH laughter when we weren't having to be silent (& some during the silence too - ha!). I really don't enjoy committee work, but this group is the exception.
- I'm considering breaking out the crock pot for the days that I work from home. I don't want to mess with it on commuting days because I'm gone for 11 hours & I'm thinking that's too long for most recipes. Now I just have to come up with some recipes (hint hint)...
What are you guys up to these days?