Sunday, September 24, 2017

2017 Project 365 – Week Thirty-eight

I just wanted to comment about Roy – his new space is MUCH larger than his old one. He has plenty of room to run around, a building for shelter, and he likes to spend his days sleeping under a tree. And his human still takes him for walks. We just don’t get to have him meander over for a visit now. He probably doesn’t really even care about that – ha!
Sunday, September 17th       
My dad’s birthday! I went out to eat with him and Sue after church, but did I take a picture? No I did not. Glad I got one beforehand!


At church today we had a service renewing our commitment to being an open and affirming congregation. Afterward there was a reception & I ate a funfetti cupcake.


Monday, September 18th                    
Our little hummer has still been coming by. She loves the petunias & morning glories, but today Dr. M caught her checking out Ms. Pinky.


Tuesday, September 19th                                   
This guy. He works so hard to take care of me. Well, I’m halfway to being able to take care of him for a change!


Wednesday, September 20th                              
I was meeting a friend at a restaurant & thought it would be a fine idea to sit outside & wait for her. I guess I’m not used to being out & about in the summer down here.


Thursday, September 21st                          
All this circle had in it when we moved was a tree stump & some monkey grass. It’s a little bit out of control now. Ha!


Friday, September 22nd               
From Instagram: Pro tip: remember to change from your reading glasses to your driving glasses before you snap on your sunglasses. Otherwise you will be driving in a surreal landscape & wondering who spiked your soft drink. #groovyman#aremyeyesdialated


Dr. M surprised me with a Dansby Swanson Atlanta Braves shirt – woo hoo! He’s a cutie. Yes, I’m old enough to be his mother. Sigh.


Saturday, September 23rd                    
Ms. Pinky Two Tone is showing off her two-toned-ness. She’s just mocking me because I said last week’s bloom was probably her last.



One more week of post-surgery restrictions and then my real recovery can begin. Plus I can quit talking about this surgery. I’m pretty excited, and I know you are too!

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful week. How about an encore? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're receiving great care and recovering well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see the resemblance in that picture of you and your dad. And congratz on your recovery. You seem to be doing great. By the way, that comment above mine looks like spam to me. I think I'd delete it if I was you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...remember to change from your reading glasses to your driving glasses...

    Along those lines, after taking a short nap on the couch one Saturday afternoon I was awoken by my daughter and told to drive down to the local Italian restaurant to pick up the takeout order.

    I grabbed my glasses that I had placed underneath the couch and rushed out the door. As I drove away I realized there was something seriously wrong with my vision. Yeah, I believe I was a bit of a danger to others and myself at that moment.

    It wasn't until I arrived at the restaurant that I realized one of my lenses had fallen out of my eyeglass frame. I can only imagine what the restaurant staff thought of me when I waked through the door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The circle is beautiful, and oh my gosh, hummingbirds are sweet. I know they will be on their way south soon. So good to hear that you're still progressing. Soon you will be 100%. I just know it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm amazed at your recovery! It's remarkable. I'm so glad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lost my glasses during the flood so only have readers now. I'm hoping that if I get stopped by the police while driving they will be fooled. miss pinky and her hummer are looking fine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photo of you and your Dad. And I don't have to have hummingbird envy any more. I saw one yesterday afternoon, and my goodness -- I'd forgotten how much noise even a single one can make. Those little wings do whirr!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you're counting down this last week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Miss Pinky and your garden circle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Thursday picture and all the lush vegetation in it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Eleven

This week at work was brain intensive which means I’ve spent the weekend trying to use as few brain cells as possible. That might affect the...