Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Those Trees...

 




Those trees are wearing
mighty fancy dresses
as they sway to their
slumberous rhythm.
My summer was torpor
and sweat running
between middle-aged breasts.
I waited without patience
for the zing of cool
(which just now as I
write this makes me think
of Greatnanny’s Noxzema).
This morning I shivered
and felt a great awakening
readiness stir within me.
But those trees,
tarted up like ladies
on a street corner,
say your money
isn’t good here –
we’re ready for bed.

DWR 9/26/12
 
(The poem is from the “vault” but the photos are recent – I just used the Waterlogue app to “paint” them.)

9 comments:

  1. What a great poem! Thinking of the trees as being 'ready for bed' is a great metaphor. And I really enjoyed the images. For a minute, I thought you'd taken up watercolor painting -- which you did, in a way. Very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could paint like that! But yes, the app is a lot of fun. Glad you liked the poem!

      Delete
  2. Fall - my grandmother always said, "is God's coloring book" <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Even with the watercolor app, our trees would just look brown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos and a most interesting poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Color is rare here so I can only enjoy it in pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Fifteen

The world seems to be coming apart at the seams, and here I am, writing my little posts… Sunday, April 7 th                               A...