Sunday, April 24, 2022

2022 Project 365 – Week Sixteen

I have had a nice weekend getting housework done, crocheting, spending time with my people… Nevertheless I could use one more day off. Yes, I know I just had a day off last week. But I’m thinking a four day workweek would be WAY more efficient, right?
Sunday, April 17th      
Easter! I was NOT feeling it this year. Look at that grumpy face as I drove to church over two hours earlier than usual (we met outside at 8:30). But it was lovely! The weather was perfect, the accordion seemed extra festive, the pastor having to wear sunglasses was fun, and the breakfast we had afterword was a nice time of fellowship. Plus, I saw some azaleas on the church grounds that I had never noticed before.
 

Playing with the macro feature on my phone camera.
 

Monday, April 18th   
An Indigo Bunting, a dove, a squirrel, a cardinal, and a chipping sparrow walk into a bar…
 

Tuesday, April 19th
My boss is retiring at the end of this month and we had her retirement party this day. It was a great celebration of her – so many people showed up to wish her well. But I was SO EXHAUSTED by the end of the day! I stopped by my dad’s house & was barely coherent so I only stayed a few minutes. When I got home I told Dr. M that I was at Fire Bad Tree Pretty level.
 

Wednesday, April 20th         
I may have gone overboard with the crackers in my tomato soup…
 

Just a boy and his (neighbor’s) dog…
 

Thursday, April 21st      
On my way to work – I liked the moody sky.
 

Dr. M posted these photos of life around the house. The honeybee swarm was gone the next day – they were just hanging out for the night. The phoebe babies are adorably ugly.
 

Friday, April 22nd      
Spent my evening crocheting and watching baseball. My favorite kind of Friday night.
 

Saturday, April 23rd         
The 1968 historical temperature blanket through March 29th. It really is going to be quite large. It takes around a half an hour to crochet a row now, and it will continue to increase until sometime in May when I’ll start the rectangular part.
 


I think I’m going to have to do some actual for real shopping this week. I would appreciate your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. What are you going to be doing this week?

8 comments:

  1. I don't know if a four day work week would be more efficient -- probably not, for me -- but if I were still doing the ol' 9-5, you can bet I'd be voting for it.

    I'll tell you I'm filled with envy at that Indigo Bunting. I've seen one exactly twice -- one day in each of two years. They migrate through, but don't hang around, and you really have to be in the right place at the right time to see one.

    What are you shopping for? If it's a big grocery shop, gird your loins, or whatever. The last time I went through the express lane with my 15 or fewer items, it came to $81. Granted, I had a big thing of paper towels and tp, but still... this is not good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grocery shopping is depressing! So expensive. And yes, I was so lucky to see the Indigo Bunting! It was here that afternoon and then gone. I easily could have been at my Dad's and missed it altogether.

      Delete
    2. I'm shopping for gifts, which even though they might not be as expensive as groceries, will be more of a struggle for me. I mean, I know what I like to eat, but do I know what someone will want for a gift? No, I do not.

      Delete
  2. So envious of your Indigo Bunting. I've never, ever seen one. We did have a wonderful close-up flyby from the resident American Bald Eagle who lives at the lake, though.

    I eat a ton of crackers in my tomato soup, too! It's the only time I eat saltines or oyster crackers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had tomato soup again yesterday & was a little sad that I had less than a half sleeve of saltines to put in it. Ha!

      Delete
  3. The indigo bunting and the cardinal are like spotlights of color! You know what I'm doing this week...nursing my toe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and your toe have my total and complete sympathy!

      Delete
  4. April 18th made me LOL! This is my first time on your blog. I've come over from Knit By God's Hand. I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...