Saturday, October 23, 2021

2021 Project 365 – Week Forty-three

It’s the bottom of the 6th inning of game 6 of the NLCS and if the Braves win they go to the World Series. They’re up by three runs, but that lead doesn’t seem safe. We’ve got the bases loaded with 2 outs. I’m a nervous wreck, so I’m going to work on this post!
Sunday, October 17th   
Went to the parentals to work a puzzle. I got to tear up the old one & start the new one. It was a very pleasant visit (note: I do actually talk to Daddy & Sue while I'm there). 
 

Monday, October 18th     
Got new Feryl Designs earrings. Someone needs to stop me. Really.
 


Tuesday, October 19th    
So I wore them to work the next day. I decided that my outfit had serious male flamenco dancer vibes. Ha!
 

Wednesday, October 20th    
For boss’s day my coworkers painted rocks for our boss. I was out of the office that day (beach!), so I got to do my own thing later. Someone said it looked like a baked potato wrapped in yarn and now I can’t unsee that.
 

The moon!
 

Thursday, October 21st      
Evidence that I had my nephew’s gift on his birthday. Too bad he’s in Oklahoma. Well, he’ll get it eventually. (His wife's gift is even later than his - her birthday was earlier in October.)
 


Friday, October 22nd    
Listening to a new audiobook that has me laughing and crying in the same paragraph. It is EXCELLENT, and you shall hear all about it if I ever write my book review post.
 

Saturday, October 23rd   
The temps this week have dipped down into the strawberry range for my temperature blanket, but I had a bit of a mess going on. I spent some quality time sorting it out & got caught up. No photo of the blanket because it gets dark so early now. Very annoying.
 

Well, now it’s the bottom of the 7th inning. We didn’t score in the 6th, and the score is now 4-2 Braves. I am now to the point of chewing my fingernails off if I were the kind of person to chew my fingernails. I feel like none of my readers are actually into baseball. What happens in your life to give you this same kind of delicious tension?

P.S. THEY WON!!! ATLANTA'S GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!

13 comments:

  1. yes and they're playing the Astros. not that I'm into baseball, I'm not, or football or soccer or any of of those sport teams. Marc is a baseball fan though and he insists on boring me with little anecdotes about the games and the players.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess Mike's lucky that I enjoy baseball as much as he does. I didn't use to pay attention to it, but our first year of marriage we basically lived in one room and the Braves did really well that year, so it was something fun to do together. We watched a lot of college basketball too.

      Delete
  2. I don't do baseball, but I have a basketball fantasy team. That fulfills my Sport Requirement in a family full of men. This is Week 1, and I will win, I think (I'm ahead by 320 points with only today's games to be played).

    Politics provides me with plenty of tension, but no fun. I keep trying to extricate myself, but I feel guilty if I don't stay informed and involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - I feel the same way about politics. I declare I'm going to take time off from caring, and then the next day I'm reading my NY Times daily email...

      Delete
  3. I don't do baseball either, but I'm excited because you're excited. So yay for Atlanta! I love your crocheted rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I liked the color combo, but the yarn looks a little too much like a spider web.

      Delete
  4. Baseball, football, soccer, actually most sports - interesting for . . . oh . . . 10-15 seconds and then, what else can we do. Your temps cool down? That's nice. Please share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice if we could take an average between your temps and ours & just run with that, wouldn't it?

      Delete
  5. Love those puzzles, the earrings, and oh! that strawberry color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulation! All hail you. And anyone who beats the hated Dodgers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Eleven

This week at work was brain intensive which means I’ve spent the weekend trying to use as few brain cells as possible. That might affect the...