Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Wherein the Bug Decides That She Needs New Glasses

I was doing dishes on Saturday & enjoying watching the birds under the feeder. Then I noticed that there was a cardinal sitting under the pine trees. It wasn't moving, which worried me.


So after I finished doing the dishes I trundled out the back door to see what was wrong with this poor bird.


What was wrong is that it wasn't a bird at all.


It was a red ribbon tied around a tree branch. Yes, I spent several minutes feeling concerned about a piece of red fabric.

9 comments:

  1. Yeah, I echo Rita's comment. I'm impressed you even noticed that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me it was a deflated birthday balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't even see it until the final picture. But for future use: I don't think cardinals sit still very long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember, I mistook a CPR doll for a real person a few years back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha at your post.

    Hahahahahaha at Beach Bum's comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't feel bad. Red's a color that screams "Notice me!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...