Sunday, July 7, 2019

2019 Project 365 – Week Twenty-seven


I’m writing this post while watching the Braves - just trying to keep myself from chewing my fingernails (note: I don’t usually chew my fingernails – I’m using hyperbole to show how nerve-wracking this is). Oof.
Sunday, June 30th                                          
We sang patriotic songs at the nursing center this morning.


Then, as I mentioned last week, I went shopping with my sister-in-law. Both of us are a bit height challenged, but even so, these garments were ridiculous!


Monday, July 1st              
Flowers!



Tuesday, July 2nd                                              
Your garden-variety squirrel bird.


Wednesday, July 3rd                                                        
Our morning glories are getting ready to take over the world.


Thursday, July 4th                                                         
Dr. M had this to say on the 4th: Washing away our sins? There was a time when flags were rarely flown and greatly respected. As a youth, I was taught NEVER to leave a flag out in the rain. In this age of conspicuous consumption, flags have become ubiquitous and careworn. There is a moral in this. Too often our people are treated like our flags...left out to rot! My grandfather, Preacher Friday, treated the people around him with the same dignity and respect he taught me to treat the flag. Would that we as a nation could relearn this lesson!


I started crocheting my mandalas to hoops. There might have been some cursing involved.


Friday, July 5th                                                        
Made dinner for Dr. M. I think it’s finally time to admit that I do actually cook, and that it’s often quite edible. I’m not the chef that Dr. M is, but we aren’t starving while he’s incapacitated.


Saturday, July 6th       
My father-in-law’s hydrangea – gorgeous!


These crazy things are FINALLY done. Woo hoo! They were so much fun to make (except for the hoop business – that was a PITA).


OK, the Braves won by the skin of their teeth. I think I can move on with my life now. Have a great week everyone!



9 comments:

  1. Lovely flowers. Pretty mandalas. Looks like a full week at your part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are a much better cook than you've been letting on...the dish looks delicious!

    Beautiful flowers, as always.

    And yes, your Sunday picture illustrates exactly why I hate shopping for clothes. There are so many times when I feel like telling clothing manufacturers that I would spend A LOT MORE MONEY on clothes than I currently do if only they made clothes that REAL people would want to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the days when my brother and I would take a cooler full of beer to the old Fulton County Stadium and watch the Braves embarrass themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are the mandalas staying outdoors for decoration? They're very pretty.
    As a short person myself (5'4"), I'm often dismayed by the length of things. If I shop in the juniors, things are far too short; if I "shop my age", things are too long. It is frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a GROOOVY 4th of July hat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cap in that first photo. And I agree: that dish you made looks very tasty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...