Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2026 Project 365 – Week Thirty-six
I’m laughing at this week’s photos because there are two photos of a wound situation – what an exciting week! Sunday, August 30 th The churc...
-
[Note: I'm posting this early because we're leaving for NC in the morning. I'll still monitor things while I'm gone, bu...
-
At work we all agreed that this was The Longest Week Ever. We weren’t sure why, but we were sure glad for it to be over. On the other hand, ...




What a handsome fellow! Now and then I think I hear a woodpecker, but we don't have the sort of trees they favor around my place, so I usually hear them elsewhere. A friend in the hill country has them in her trees, and we've spent many a morning hour drinking coffee and watching them do just what this one is doing.
ReplyDeletenice shots. just shows what a decent camera can do and someone who knows how to do it.
ReplyDeleteOh, she is a beauty! Nice photographs of one of my favorite birds/
ReplyDeleteMarvelous!
ReplyDeleteAs NC Mountain Woman pointed out, this is a female, a red-bellied woodpecker. We also see downy woodpeckers and the occasional yellow-bellied sapsucker that is responsible for the holes in our tree. The red-bellied woodpeckers will land on the feeder from time to time, which is a funny, lovely sight.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteLike the woodpeckers adherence to social distancing.
ReplyDelete