Sunday, March 12, 2023

2023 Project 365 – Week Ten

This week was lovely! And maybe not so great. But then lovely again. And now it’s raining and 40 degrees & I had to pull out my winter coat again (the nerve!) so I’m having trouble remembering how nice the rest of the week was. OK, done talking about the weather now.
Sunday, March 5th               
Dr. M & I went to my dad & Sue’s house. My sister-in-law got lunch for us all & I ate a salad as big as my bum (I was going to say head, but actually, my head isn’t that big in terms of large salads). I took no photos of the meal, so here are a couple of jonquils from my dad’s yard.
 

Monday, March 6th          
Since I took the day off on my birthday, my coworkers celebrated me today. One of them found a gift that most accurately reflects my personality. Ha!
 

Tuesday, March 7th                 
Stayed home from work sick. Not a happy camper! But I looked great, so there’s that.
 

Wednesday, March 8th                         
Went by dad & Sue’s where they had left a little part of the latest puzzle for me to complete. Done!
 

Thursday, March 9th                  
Birthday gift from my best friend. I'm looking forward to reading it.
 

Friday, March 10th                
I’ve already got the growing my hair out blues. Guess I need to stock back up on hair pins & such.
 

Saturday, March 11th        
I had a pretty low key day – spent most of it reading my book and watching March Madness. Ate one of my “special” sandwiches for lunch (PB&J, Banana, Ham & Cheese).
 

Meanwhile, Dr. M spent some time with his Pop, and his Pop’s pet cat.
 

So the time changed last night. I’m firmly in the camp of hallelujah because I like more light later in the day. I feel like most of my readers are the opposite of me, because you guys actually get up and do things outside in the mornings. In any case, even though I accounted for the lost hour & went to bed early, I still missed church because I forgot to set my second alarm & so I fell back sound asleep after the first one. I had quite the stress dream after I fell back asleep, which I guess I deserved (I had somehow walked 100s of miles – hahahaha – & was trying to get back home, but I didn’t have a phone or a vehicle). ANYWAY, how has your day been?

10 comments:

  1. I'm not even going to comment on that thing you call a sandwich. I prefer DST too, not an early riser. My hair is so grown out I wear it mostly in a ponytail to keep it OUT OF MY FACE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's why I got it cut to begin with - because I kept pulling it out of my face. There's no pleasing me.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! Chocolate cake and chocolate frosting for the win.
    I'm feeling like I want to grow out my bangs lately, but I don't know if I can handle the hassle. Plus, I'm not sure if the world is ready for my forehead.

    (We suddenly have snow here--on the ground! UGH. I feel really annoyed, and can only imagine how my daffodil shoots feel.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - I'm (maybe) leaving my bangs in place while I grow the rest out. The thing is I have low forehead (and beady eyes - am I a criminal?), so I feel like bangs aren't great on me. Ah, the eternal conundrum!

      Delete
  3. I swear to goodness: some of the things you eat are...unusual. I can go the ham and cheese, or the PB&J with banana, but together? Well, it's unique. I know. Don't criticize until I've tried it! I just heard on the news today that a BIPARTISAN group of legislators are getting together to put an end to this clock change madness. Maybe if they can work together on that, they'll have such a good time they'll try it for something else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo hoo! That would be amazing! I (of course) would prefer to keep DST year round, but really just letting us have one or the other would be great.

      Delete
  4. LOL -- that sandwich! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!?!?

    I do like that t-shirt, though. "Peopley" is a good word. We should all use it more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what you're talking about - that sandwich was delicious!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Fifteen

The world seems to be coming apart at the seams, and here I am, writing my little posts… Sunday, April 7 th                               A...