Sunday, March 5, 2023

2023 Project 365 – Week Nine

Birthday Week! Old people Shenanigans! Surreal Servers! Keep reading for more sensational stories! (Note: the stories are not Sensational.)
Sunday, February 26th               
Assembly line breakfast, using the wax wraps my nephew & his wife gave us for Christmas. I put them in the freezer & then defrosted & toasted them for my breakfasts. They are pretty similar to Egg McMuffins (although mine had mushrooms & laughing cow cheese). PS. These wraps work GREAT, but are VERY STICKY. I’ve read that will diminish over time, but for now I’m just accepting that I’ll be one with the wax.
 
Monday, February 27th          
The only picture from today. I don’t know how Dr. M keeps a straight face around me. Oh wait, he doesn’t. Ha!
 

Tuesday, February 28th                 
Stopped by dad & Sue’s. They had finished their latest puzzle. I had to get it for them when I saw it because it made me cackle.
 

Wednesday, March 1st                        
Starting something new.
 

Thursday, March 2nd                   
Message I got on my phone vs. my view while I read it. Hmm…
 

Friday, March 3rd               
Happy birthday to me! Went out for a late lunch to Red Lobster with Dad & Sue. The service was…interesting. The server seemed to not be present in her physical body (seriously, I’m not sure where she was, but it wasn’t waiting tables), but the food was great and that cake was EXCELLENT.
 
Saturday, March 4th        
Dr. M sat on the deck for a bit and did some bird watching. Lots of activity in our back yard!
 


And speaking of spring, here is one of my early favorites. Won’t be long until there are carpets of them around.
 

Well, I started this post four hours ago & now I have no idea what I meant by old people shenanigans. Hmmm. I’ve got nothing. Did you do anything this week that could be described as a shenanigan (old or otherwise)?

12 comments:

  1. Are you kidding? Shenanigans? Your "spring" pictures entice envy in me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the puzzle was the shenanigans? I have no idea what that puzzle means. Nor do I understand "wax wraps." I'm so confused! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Wax wraps are pieces of cloth with beeswax on them that act as reusable substitutes for plastic wrap.

      Delete
  3. Yay for cake! I'm always happy to see anyone enjoy a really decadent piece of chocolate cake, whether it's for a birthday or not. Happy Birthday!

    I love creeping phlox, and mine is just about gone in our backyard garden. The neighbor's black walnut tree has slowly destroyed everything we've planted. This is the year we're giving up and going back to a grass back yard instead of all landscaping.

    Enjoy your spring! We're taking a short detour back to winter--as NEO usually does--but we're right behind you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cake was so good I'm thinking about going back for another piece just by itself. Ha!

      We're heading back to cooler temps next week (I think). But it has been the mildest winter we've had in a while!

      Delete
  4. what kind of hell is that torture machine? happy birthday. love the pink carpet. the only shenanigans I've got up to is physical labor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sort of a rowing thing, where I pull the handles toward me. It's a back exercise. But I probably need to increase the weight from 5 pounds if I want to accomplish anything. Ha!

      Delete
  5. Creative egg dish. The cardinals are my favorite bird. I grew up in Illinois and they would be bright red in the snowy branches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - cardinals are a welcome sight in drear winter.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday! It looks like nature brought you a few gifts, too -- those flowers are glorious. I've not heard of wax wraps. It sounds like something that should be done in a salon, and that probably would be painful. Of course, I'm of the waxed paper generation: quite a different thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! The wax wraps are supposed to be a "green" alternative to plastic wrap. They're reusable, and so far seem to work at least as well (and in fact they actual stick together better than plastic wrap).

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Sixteen

It’s “cold” (53 degrees) and rainy and I am in my sheep pajamas with a warm laptop on my lap. I’m not mad about that. Sunday, April 14 th  ...