Sunday, February 26, 2023

2023 Project 365 – Week Eight

This week was all about pre-spring. Other parts of the country were dealing with snow and/or torrential rain or hail, but we had super mild days and flowers. I wish I was the kind of person who could just enjoy that without worrying about the future of our planet (or at least worrying about what summer will be like).
Sunday, February 19th               
It was a nice day with church and lunch with Dad & Sue, but we didn’t remember to get a picture until the end of the day, so here are some daffodils in the gloaming.
 

Monday, February 20th          
I thought I’d have the last dab of leftover peas with my frozen meal at lunch but lordy – there were as many peas as there was meal! I only ate half of that plateful of food which meant I didn’t have to pack my lunch for the next day. Winning!
 

Tuesday, February 21st                
Dad & Sue are cleaning out the basement & they found this little pin which honestly seems more aspirational than actual fact. Am I motivated now? Magic 8 Ball says “mayyybbeee…”
 

Wednesday, February 22nd                       
It was such a gorgeous day that Dr. M took the geraniums out to the deck.
 

Thursday, February 23rd                  
Our forsythia is so gorgeous right now! We were talking about how it’s the prettiest it’s looked since we moved down here.
 

Meanwhile, I’m out here doing a public service for people. Eighty degrees or not, the world isn’t ready for my February legs.  (Although I did shave for the first time in three months the day before & no longer looked like a hobbit.)
 



Friday, February 24th              
I was sitting up in bed reading a book when I felt like someone was looking at me.
 

It was kind of spooky, but I ended up not yelling for Mike to come protect me.
 

Saturday, February 25th        
Today was the Braves first spring training game & I got to watch it! Woo hoo!
 

Meanwhile, Dr. M was checking out lambs.
 

I got a new Fitbit & spent a Great Deal of Time looking at all the possible Fitbit watch faces. There were fun ones, and classic ones, ones that looked like vintage watches, and ones with mandalas… But I ended up getting this one because it has yarn on it. Ha!
 


I’m going to leave you with this little ditty that Dr. M wrote after one stinkbug encounter too many:

Stinker in the house,
Freaky little pest!
Scares me when I'm cookin'
So's I makes a mess!
Buzzin' 'round the lights,
Climbin' up the walls...
I'd fling a Nerfie at 'm
But I got no balls!
He's why our pots are always covered,
He's even landed on my head!
Jezzuz what a sleezer,
Terror and a teaser,
I'll be hidin' in the freezer
'til he's DEAD!!!

10 comments:

  1. Honestly, I don't know how you manage to eat those peas. I've never hated them, but they just don't appeal. On the other hand (and in the spirit of Dr. M's versification), there is this: "I eat my peas with honey; I've done it all my life. It makes the peas taste funny, but it keeps them on the knife." That comes from my grade school years, in case there was any doubt.

    The Forsythia is gorgeous! It's always been one of my favorites, and you've got a great specimen. I like the lambs, too. I noticed a few spring calves today -- such fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm - mushy peas... Ha! I saw a calf getting its breakfast on my way to work this morning.

      Delete
  2. While you're enjoying your burgeoning forsythia, I'm marveling at early crocuses appearing on my walk--it's only February!--and my daffodils already poking up several inches. We're way ahead here in NEO, and I'm grateful for this mild winter thus far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe we don't have any crocuses in our yard. My dad usually does, but I haven't meandered around out there lately.

      Delete
  3. ick. canned peas. just can't eat them. that forsythia is so pretty. I wish they did well down here but it doesn't really get cold enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - we had forsythia in Ohio too (well, other people had them).

      Delete
  4. I have a British son-in-law who insists on mushy peas all the time. When the whole family is home and eating, everybody is yelling "eweeu" while he scoops up those dreadful peas! We had a forsythia at our back door when I was young and I remember it often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the "Ode to a Stinkbug"! I had our geraniums out for a while but we're about to get blasted by more freezing weather, so they're inside again. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we might have to bring them in again at some point, but I know they've enjoyed the sunshine in the meantime.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Sixteen

It’s “cold” (53 degrees) and rainy and I am in my sheep pajamas with a warm laptop on my lap. I’m not mad about that. Sunday, April 14 th  ...