Monday, December 25, 2023

2023 Project 365 – Week Fifty-one

I’m writing this on Christmas day! I’m almost on the other side of this holiday. We’ve had a pretty good one so far, although Dr. M has some health issues that are not fun right now.
Sunday, December 17th       
Sunday things: I was listening to Christmas music I’d downloaded on my phone & this one came on. Oops. We had a baptism at church. My dad added maraschino cherries to the chocolate waffle mix and it was pretty darned good. However, I think we might be done with the chocolate waffle experiment. And I had to take a photo of Sue looking lovely in red.
 

Monday, December 18th
My crazy coworker gave me this trophy since I didn’t win anything in the Christmas sweater contest. Ha!
 

Tuesday, December 19th                       
No photo.
 
Wednesday, December 20th                               
I finished my iPad cover. I really love that accidental color pooling.  
 

Thursday, December 21st                             
They brought in lunch for the City Hall employees. I thought our HR assistants did a great job setting up. And I could see the “fireplace” from my desk (my office is right beside the conference room). Fun!
 

Friday, December 22nd                          
I’ve been decorating my office plants with the ornaments I’ve received. One of my coworkers gave me the plant stake – love it!
 

My anniversary flowers are still going strong. The lilies have opened and they are GORGEOUS!
 
Saturday, December 23rd                        
We went by Dr. M’s dad’s to make sure he had lunch & then headed to his aunt’s for a soup & sandwich lunch (much appreciated during this season of decadence). 
 

As predicted, it was a crazy work week, with the addition of more people than usual needing help with things. There was lots of food and peopling, and that has continued over the weekend, through today, & again tomorrow. On Wednesday I plan to not leave the house at all and I might fast. (Note: I probably won’t fast. Although my body would probably be grateful.) And then it’s back to work on Thursday. What are you up to this week?

12 comments:

  1. I love your emotional support plant -- that's just funny! Despite trying to get used to the thought of chocolate waffles, I just can't. Even the cherries don't make them more appealing to me. On the other hand, overindulgence in sweets was part of the holiday, and it may be that's influencing me. I can't bear the thought of even one more cookie or piece of cake -- although the three layer carrot cake with cream cheese frosting I made was worth a couple of extra pieces.

    Now, it's on to the new year. I'm going to try and drop 2-3 pounds before the first, just as practice. Since the weather's coldish but decent, I'll be at work all week, and that ought to help. There's nothing like a slightly snugger pair of jeans to motivate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chocolate waffles were interesting, but definitely NOT the same as regular ones. It was kind of like having cake for lunch, which I'm mostly ok with. Your cake sounds amazing!

      Delete
  2. we had our usual quiet day yesterday watching movies. today my daughter is picking me up and we are going to Austin to see the twins and then Wednesday is Marc's birthday, the son is coming to visit and I guess we will go out for lunch. Thursday is SHARE and by Friday I will be ready for a no people day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems like a lot of peopling for you too!

      Delete
  3. I'm getting into fasting mode myself. My stomach is tired! Your iPad case came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't overeat, but there was more rich food, and I'm ready to be done with that. There will definitely be lighter fare at our house for a while.

    Love the iPad case! You did a great job. And those flowers are lovely. How nice that they've stayed so fresh and beautiful for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And regarding the flowers - you know I love them when they're all decrepit too. So I get weeks and weeks of enjoyment. Ha!

      Delete
  5. Listening to Mannheim Steamroller right now after a prompt from Margaret. I just told her they are playing less than two miles from here tonight! But I'll leave it to Alexa to provide our listening experience. Besides, we have all these leftovers to eat. (Gotta clean out the fridge, y'know.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been working hard on cleaning out the fridge. Somebody's gotta do it!

      Delete
  6. Sorry to read the doc is not well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's been feeling some better - it comes and goes. Not life-threatening - just annoying.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Seventeen

I’m enjoying the calm before the storm – open enrollment kicks off a week from Monday and it will be crazypants until the end of June. And i...