Sunday, December 17, 2023

2023 Project 365 – Week Fifty

It’s getting to the part of Christmas prep where I want to just throw up my hands & run around like a crazy person. But I don’t actually have the energy for that, so I mostly look like I’m not doing anything at all.
Sunday, December 10th       
Amaryllis progress.
 

Monday, December 11th
Dr. M says, “A star, a star, shining in the night…” (The penguin’s name is Star.)
 

It was a little Christmassy on my head…
 

Tuesday, December 12th                       
Twilight in the holler, Part XXVII (or some such).
 

Wednesday, December 13th                               
This is the face of a person who got in the elevator to leave work & accidentally bumped the emergency call button & got transferred to my own police department & had to say this is Dana from HR at City Hall & I hit the button by mistake. Oops. I know the first thing that came into your head: how has this not happened before? 🀷
 

Thursday, December 14th                             
Dr. M’s dad’s pet cat. They enjoy sitting out in the sunshine.
 

Found something nicer than a binder clip to use on my skirt. It even almost matches!
 

Friday, December 15th                         
Thursday I had the wild idea of making a hat for our Christmas sweater contest at work. I didn’t win a prize, but I thought I was pretty cute. Ha!
 

It was our 33rd anniversary & Dr. M got me flowers, candy, and napkins! (We really needed the napkins. They weren’t actually an anniversary present. I don’t think.)
 
Saturday, December 16th                      
No photo. What the heck!
 
This coming week at work is usually a kind of throwaway – not very busy, just marking time until Christmas. But not this year! We have more of our computer training this week and there are year-end things to do. Somebody didn’t get the memo. On the other hand, while I have Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday off for Christmas week, I have to work on Thursday & Friday – and it will also be pretty busy. Oof. How about you – are the next two weeks crazypants, or calm?

9 comments:

  1. I've always wondered what would happen if I punched the emergency button in an elevator. Now I know, sort of. At least you didn't get hauled off to jail.

    It's fun seeing your amaryllis grow, and I'm really quite fond of your penguin tree-topper. Is that felted? I know some people who are quite good at that craft, but it's not for me. Anyway: felted or straight from a store, yours is cute. I didn't get out my white ceramic tree this year; I would have had to haul the step stool into the bedroom closet, and it just didn't seem worth the effort. Now, I'm not missing it at all, so it's all good.

    Santa's bringing me a fine gift this year. The next five days are predicted to be dry and warmish, so I will be working right through Friday. I'm taking a three-layer carrot cake to a gumbo party on Saturday, so the other big activity will be baking on Thursday night. Since I've made it once, I feel like it should go more easily this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not felted - it's a little stuffed animal made out of (I think) terrycloth. Very squishy :)

      Delete
  2. paper napkins? tsk tsk.

    you are nothing if not stylish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - but those napkins will last us for probably over a year. I reuse mine until we have something like lasagna & have to get a new one. πŸ˜‚

      Delete
  3. You made that hat in a day?!

    At least you know the emergency call button works! I always suspect those things aren't really connected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - it took about 4 hours. I was actually surprised I finished it! And I was VERY surprised about the call button - I mean, what are the odds that I hadn't bumped it at least one other time in my almost 5 years here?

      Delete
  4. Speaking of crazypants, that second amaryllis photo looks . . uh . . shall we say . . uh . . a bit racy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your amaryllis looks quite...excited to be meeting the world.
    That hat is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Seventeen

I’m enjoying the calm before the storm – open enrollment kicks off a week from Monday and it will be crazypants until the end of June. And i...