Sunday, May 19, 2024

2024 Project 365 – Week Twenty

 
Did you know that there are people everywhere? Work, church, parties, my dad’s house, my very own home?? I don’t know man. That seems like a lot.
Sunday, May 12th                  
Dr. Van Fleet says Happy Mother’s Day!
 

Monday, May 13th     
We only had three peonies this year. Dr. M snipped the third and last ahead of some expected storms and I’m so glad he did! Isn’t it glorious?
 

Tuesday, May 14th                             
From the socials: Wherein sleeping beauty has to get up and go to work. While my rage at gen0cide simmers on the back burner. While holding joy that my Hurricanes won last night. While also wishing I could just go back to bed.


Wednesday, May 15th       
I told my dad that I was a puzzle hussy.
 

Thursday, May 16th                                  
Sulfur Cosmos and purple Verbena volunteers.


Went shopping for a friend’s birthday present and bought myself something too. Can you guess which one I kept?


Friday, May 17th             
I had also purchased a new top (you can see it in the pictures from Saturday) and all it had on it was this tag in French. I ran it through google translate and was delighted by the results.

Saturday, May 18th                                
It was my college roommate Sherri’s birthday & her husband organized a surprise party for her. It was so much fun to be a part of it! They live about an hour and forty minutes away so I rode up with Kim and Jenny. It was nice to have the four musketeers together again.



Our Hurricanes fell short of making it to the next level in the playoffs. And my tooth hurts AGAIN. And work continues to be very busy. Also, the world seems to be going to hell. Tune in next week for even more inspirational remarks!




8 comments:

  1. Your peonies are gorgeous. I actually saw some in my grocery store's floral department before Mother's day. I was tempted, but didn't. Still, it's the first time I've seen them around here; we can't grow them, and perhaps they don't sell especially well because people aren't familiar with them.

    Speaking of work, I'm a little less enthusiastic about the coming week, since we're going to be really heating up. It's time to adjust my work hours, making mid-day my time for laundry, errands, and such. During the summer, I try to get started about 7:30 if the dew's not heavy, and I always work until nearly dark. It's just too hot in the afternoon. The dry time for varnish in 90 degree weather is about 24 seconds! I hope your days are more pleasant, if a little harried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think of you when it heats up - while I complain about being cold in the air conditioning. Ha!

      Delete
  2. Hang in there.

    Cake! I hope it was good. You didn't need lousy cake to add to your concerns. And contrary to popular belief, there IS bad cake.

    Peonies seem to be picking their spots around here. Some are out; some aren't. I love them, but Rick is terribly allergic. I grew up with an abundance of them, so I'm letting those memories sustain me.

    I hope this week is not as peopley for you so that you can recover yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was delighted to look at my calendar last night & realize that I have ONE appointment on there. So far. Of course, that doesn't count drop-ins, but they're usually quick.

      Delete
  3. Well, you gotta love a top that answers all ethical questions! Maybe it can help you sort out the crazy world's problems. I'm guessing "I Feel a Sin Coming On" is the pendant you kept. (That's the one I would have kept, anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! If there had been two I would have gotten it for her too.

      Delete
  4. I talked to a friend (telephonically) the other day and he and I agreed that the world has just turned upside down. The U.S.A. has become a fearful place to try to exist and the rest of the world isn't much better. Well, maybe Denmark. Wonder if they speak English there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twenty-five

Still with the flower situation. Sunday, June 16 th                                     That feeling when your audiobook gets to the sex s...