You will be much relieved to know that my surgery is OVER & after
this post I shall stop talking about it & instead I will talk incessantly
about my recovery.
Sunday, September 20th
Some snaps of last week’s baby shower. I got rid of the terrifying starfish – whew!
Sunday, September 20th
Some snaps of last week’s baby shower. I got rid of the terrifying starfish – whew!
Monday, September 21st
I had to parallel park & I thought I did such a good job that I took a photo. And then I couldn’t open the car door. It took me way too long to realize that it wasn’t my car. And THEN I saw that my actual parking job was just ok compared to Not-My-Car. It wasn’t my finest moment.
I
decided to try on all my gear (arm sling & very intimidating ice pack
situation).
Wednesday, September 23rd
My coworkers gave me a goodie bag, including all the snacks in all the land. And one of them gave me these very soft pajamas that I’ve basically worn every day since. Happy sigh.
Thursday,
September 24th
Surgery Day! Dr. M was such a trouper (he ended up having to drive 127 miles that day!!). The surgeon said that my shoulder was awful but that it should be much more functional once it heals. And here is my day in four photos. 1. I caught myself mid-yawn this morning. We had to be at the surgery center at 6:00 a.m. 2. Dad & Sue babysat me & my new shoulder while Dr. M had dad duty. I napped off & on & felt like a zombie. 3. Then Sue fed us excellent spaghetti for dinner & we came home whereupon I ate some of the M&Ms my coworkers gave me & 4. I perked up considerably!
Friday,
September 25th
I’m so proud of Dr. M! Here is what he posted on the socials: I’ve owned this belt for a long time. It has held my pants up through the good, the bad, the ugly, and yes, the tragic. Four years ago I considered replacing it, not because it was worn out, but because it was getting too small for my belly. I used the second hole from the end mostly, but sometimes the first. Never had I ever used the last. I weighed the same on May 15, 2023, as I had the previous September. That was the day I started Jardiance. Today I’m using the fifth hole and considering drilling a sixth. It is a fine piece of leather, after all.
Saturday, September 26th
Dr. M has been feeding me very well. He’s the best!
How’s
your shoulder Dana? It’s ok, but let’s talk about my hair.
My coworkers gave me a goodie bag, including all the snacks in all the land. And one of them gave me these very soft pajamas that I’ve basically worn every day since. Happy sigh.
Surgery Day! Dr. M was such a trouper (he ended up having to drive 127 miles that day!!). The surgeon said that my shoulder was awful but that it should be much more functional once it heals. And here is my day in four photos. 1. I caught myself mid-yawn this morning. We had to be at the surgery center at 6:00 a.m. 2. Dad & Sue babysat me & my new shoulder while Dr. M had dad duty. I napped off & on & felt like a zombie. 3. Then Sue fed us excellent spaghetti for dinner & we came home whereupon I ate some of the M&Ms my coworkers gave me & 4. I perked up considerably!
I’m so proud of Dr. M! Here is what he posted on the socials: I’ve owned this belt for a long time. It has held my pants up through the good, the bad, the ugly, and yes, the tragic. Four years ago I considered replacing it, not because it was worn out, but because it was getting too small for my belly. I used the second hole from the end mostly, but sometimes the first. Never had I ever used the last. I weighed the same on May 15, 2023, as I had the previous September. That was the day I started Jardiance. Today I’m using the fifth hole and considering drilling a sixth. It is a fine piece of leather, after all.
Saturday, September 26th
Dr. M has been feeding me very well. He’s the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!