Sunday, September 13, 2026

2026 Project 365 – Week Thirty-seven

We had another social gathering at church today (celebrating one of our founding members, who turned 94 this week & who is a total firecracker). It’s almost dinnertime now & I’m still full of banana pudding.
Sunday, September 6th
I went to church, and had lunch with Dad & Sue, and did many lovely things, but this is the only picture from the day – and it’s not even a photo. I was cackling at how I had dressed my finch, Fig for Sunday so I took a screenshot. She's wearing roller skates. I was picturing her in one of those California movies where they show scantily clad people roller skating near the beach. Ha!

Monday, September 7th                   
I sent this photo to Dr. M to show him what I had been up to while he was at his dad’s. His dad has had a war on cardboard – he takes everything out the boxes & then shreds up the boxes. I also declared war on our cardboard, but I was way too trifling to even flatten the boxes, much less tear them into pieces (also, my 94-year-old father-in-law has much stronger hands than I do).
 

Tuesday, September 8th      
I was taming my 33-hour old topknot.
 

Dr. M got some hard news today. Another cousin, who was a big influence in his life and a good friend to his dad, passed away. It feels like every year gets lonelier for his dad – and also for him as he cares for his dad.
 

Wednesday, September 9th                     
I got some new sunglass top frames. Fun!
 

Thursday, September 10th         
This cat at Dr. M’s dad’s house does not trust him even a little bit (even though it definitely will get in the way while its food bowl is being filled, which I think is a universal cat thing).
 

Friday, September 11th      
A big anniversary here in the US, and also my bestie’s birthday. Dr. M got fresh flowers for his mom and grandparents’ graves. The butterflies made us think of Dolly. 
 

Saturday, September 12th      
This vase puzzle might actually do me in. Stay tuned!
 

I’m marching closer to surgery & wondering if they can just knock me out for the foreseeable? Yes, I’m pre-whining. I am also gazing into the future & imagining feeling much better than I do now. Are there any hurdles that you’re facing in the near future?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2026 Project 365 – Week Thirty-seven

We had another social gathering at church today (celebrating one of our founding members, who turned 94 this week & who is a total fire...