Monday, September 7, 2026

2026 Project 365 – Week Thirty-six

I’m laughing at this week’s photos because there are two photos of a wound situation – what an exciting week!
Sunday, August 30th
The church picnic was lovely! Dr. M made the guacamole, which was delicious. I enjoyed the rest my rather yellow lunch (there are THREE kinds of potatoes on that plate), but the stars of the show were the angel food cake & peaches, and the banana pudding. Yum!

I tried to get a photo of my hearing aids, but this is the best I could do because you literally cannot see them in my ears. 

Monday, August 31st                  
Dr. M forgot that he ordered these hockey jerseys (sweaters) right after the Stanley Cup, so they were a nice surprise when they arrived. Bussi is the rookie* goalie we brought up who helped save our season and get us into the hockey playoffs & and then helped in the last few games of the cup.  *He’s 28, so not that young, but he hadn’t played in the “majors” until we signed him.
 

Tuesday, September 1st     
Dr. M made a fabulous brisket! I loved his tomato “flower” with leftover guacamole – very artful.
 

Wednesday, September 2nd                    
I had a blister on the top of my foot from some new shoes & needed to cover it up so I could mall walk & I thought my jellyfish bandaid was terribly cute.
 

Thursday, September 3rd         
I had to have blood drawn for my nephrologist & by the time I got back to the office, the gauze was soaked through so my coworker decided to rebandage me & she went a little overboard. Made me laugh. Also, I got my blood work results back & my creatinine was 1.03, down from the high of 1.43 in June 2025 (the range is .5 – 1.00). That seems like a good trend.
 

Friday, September 4th      
I finished this book and it was so good. I got it from the library, but I’m thinking about buying my own copy so I can reread it. It’s about a junior high boy, set in 1969 in a small town in New York. Definitely a feel-good book (so perhaps unrealistic, but LET ME HAVE MY JOY WHERE I CAN FIND IT).
 

Saturday, September 5th      
I had replaced this iPad lapdesk because it was leaking the microbead stuffing, but my new one (while fabulous) it a lot heavier & harder to manage with one arm. So I cut up an old t-shirt to add to the stuffing & then sewed it up. In the process, I remembered that I hate sewing (which is probably why I’m so bad at it). But at least now it doesn’t leak!
 

I had a lovely weekend doing practically nothing (well, I did vacuum – go me!). Today I have a couple of chores on my plate (church lady stuff, and a cleaning project), but right now I’m going to post this to the interwebs and watch baseball!
What did you do with your holiday weekend? Note: I’m speaking to Shoreacres, because the rest of you bozos are retired!

6 comments:

  1. I had forgotten what the name of your hockey team was until I saw those hurricane flags on your jersey. I've seen the real thing flying, and I much prefer them on you! I've spent all afternoon thinking about brisket. Unfortunately, all the places where I'm willing to pick some up are closed for the holiday -- lucky you to have some!

    I've worked all weekend actually, but not at my 'real' work. Last week the contractors finally showed up to replace the baseboards, etc. that were damaged when my neighbor's stupidity flooded three apartments, including mine. For the contractors to do their work, I had to unload every bookcase and china cabinet and move them away from the walls. Sigh. I did a whole lot of culling, that's for sure.

    Anyhow, they almost finished, but they got far enough that I could spend this weekend putting everything back in place. I took boxes of books here and there, and boxes of 'stuff' to the local church run resale shop. At least I know I still am strong enough to move furniture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is giving me flashbacks to our move & All The Books in All The Land. Oof. Goodness that was a workout for you! I'm glad you're still fit and able to do that kind of work.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read that book but it's popular with the students in the school library where I used to work. I always liked the cover. The brisket looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely book. And the brisket WAS yummy!

      Delete
  3. I did the same thing I do every holiday...nothing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2026 Project 365 – Week Forty-two

This week was a rollercoaster! Also I got about 3.5 hours of sleep on Friday night & 5.5 hours of sleep last night, & I am not sure ...