Sunday, September 13, 2026

2026 Project 365 – Week Thirty-seven

We had another social gathering at church today (celebrating one of our founding members, who turned 94 this week & who is a total firecracker). It’s almost dinnertime now & I’m still full of banana pudding.
Sunday, September 6th
I went to church, and had lunch with Dad & Sue, and did many lovely things, but this is the only picture from the day – and it’s not even a photo. I was cackling at how I had dressed my finch, Fig for Sunday so I took a screenshot. She's wearing roller skates. I was picturing her in one of those California movies where they show scantily clad people roller skating near the beach. Ha!

Monday, September 7th                   
I sent this photo to Dr. M to show him what I had been up to while he was at his dad’s. His dad has had a war on cardboard – he takes everything out the boxes & then shreds up the boxes. I also declared war on our cardboard, but I was way too trifling to even flatten the boxes, much less tear them into pieces (also, my 94-year-old father-in-law has much stronger hands than I do).
 

Tuesday, September 8th      
I was taming my 33-hour old topknot.
 

Dr. M got some hard news today. Another cousin, who was a big influence in his life and a good friend to his dad, passed away. It feels like every year gets lonelier for his dad – and also for him as he cares for his dad.
 

Wednesday, September 9th                     
I got some new sunglass top frames. Fun!
 

Thursday, September 10th         
This cat at Dr. M’s dad’s house does not trust him even a little bit (even though it definitely will get in the way while its food bowl is being filled, which I think is a universal cat thing).
 

Friday, September 11th      
A big anniversary here in the US, and also my bestie’s birthday. Dr. M got fresh flowers for his mom and grandparents’ graves. The butterflies made us think of Dolly. 
 

Saturday, September 12th      
This vase puzzle might actually do me in. Stay tuned!
 

I’m marching closer to surgery & wondering if they can just knock me out for the foreseeable? Yes, I’m pre-whining. I am also gazing into the future & imagining feeling much better than I do now. Are there any hurdles that you’re facing in the near future?


11 comments:

  1. That puzzle vase? I had no idea such was possible. I'd rather take on black and white concentric circles or some such than that thing. As for the cardboard boxes, you do know that stomping is the best approach. It's win/win. It flattens te boxes and releases tension.

    I have absolutely no idea what your figgy finch is about, let alone what it means that you 'dressed' her. Clearly, I am older than I realized, or at least much farther out of the mainstream than I realized! But that cat? A real beauty.

    Pre-whining is fine. When is your surgery actually taking place? I'm sure you've said but I've forgotten and I'm too lazy to go back through your posts to find the information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made one other puzzle vase. The first rows of it are actually pretty easy, but when you get to the neck it's VERY TRICKY. This current one is in time out right now while it gets over itself. Ha!

      My surgery is Thursday, September 24th!

      Delete
  2. A puzzle vase? I've never seen such a thing. Interesting that the pieces are numbered. I'm sure there's a reason for that...?

    So sorry about Dr. M's cousin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You put the pieces together in number and letter order - otherwise it would be impossible to put together (for me anyway).

      Delete
  3. Shredding cardboard? (Gets up on soapbox) cardboard is the easiest thing to recycle and it actually gets recycled. Stop throwing rdboard away (gets off soapbox). Yep, the older we get the smaller our world gets. That is the way.

    Are those puzzle pieces numbered? And what surgery? I forgot. My brother just had his aortic valve replaced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have specified - that's our recycle bin! It definitely goes into recycling!

      I'm having a shoulder replacement.

      Delete
    2. Oh - and yes the pieces are numbered which is good because it would be nearly impossible for me to put it together otherwise!

      Delete
  4. I feel like that little cat a lot lately. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely week full of little moments, from Fig in roller skates to the vase puzzle that's nearly driving you crazy! My condolences on the loss of Dr. M's cousin, that kind of grief really does pile up over the years. Wishing you strength as you prepare for surgery, I hope everything goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2026 Project 365 – Week Forty

This week there is still a major obsession with my hair (and frankly, when is there not), gifts, some happy news, and actually not a ton of ...