Sunday, October 4, 2026

2026 Project 365 – Week Forty

This week there is still a major obsession with my hair (and frankly, when is there not), gifts, some happy news, and actually not a ton of recovery discussion. You just never know what might happen around here (well, except for hair).
Sunday, September 27th
I ate some of the potato soup that Dr. M’s Aunt Sharon brought us. Later Dr. M took me to Dad & Sue’s to hang out & my Aunt Lila pulled my hair back for me (woo hoo!). I was feeling very thankful!


Monday, September 28th                    
I went on a walkabout & got a little happy with the clippers so I brought some flower in for us to enjoy.
 

Tuesday, September 29th       
I went on another walkabout (without the clippers!) & took pictures of our three Encore Azaleas that are blooming right now. I love how different they are. So pretty!
 

Wednesday, September 30th                      
After 24 hours of labor, our baby was born! Well, my cousin’s grandson. Which makes me some sort of Removal Cousin, but I’ve said that he can call me Grant (for great-aunt).
 

Meanwhile, Dr. M spent some time sitting with his Pop & his elderly cat.
 

I was VERY amused with myself posting this “recovery progress” video. Listen to the end. Ha!
 

Thursday, October 1st          
My cousin came by to visit and brought flowers & the best ice cream in all the land (Ben & Jerry’s Phish Food, lest you forget). She also helped me dry & style my hair, and showed the birth video (babies look like little aliens when they’re born). We had a nice visit! Later I got a card from someone in my church. She had painted it herself!
 


Friday, October 2nd      
Otis to Brady ratio – our baby is such a little bean! It’s going to be a while before he’ll be trying to play with that octopus!
 

Dr. M caught some soybean harvesting in action. We were expecting a huge amount of rain this weekend, so they were racing against the clock (turns out we just got SOME rain, not the buckets they’d predicted).
 

And I tried to pull my hair up myself. Um.
 

Saturday, October 3rd       
I put out a plea to my family to get me out of the house, & boy did they respond! My brother & his wife picked me up & took me to dad & Sue’s, then they went to Jason’s Deli & got their loaded potato bar with salad (yum!). I got my puzzle fix, caught up on all the news, and then Dad & Sue brought me home. I put on real clothes!
 


My pain has still not been what I expected it would be even though my last dose of Oxycodone was at 4:30 a.m. on Thursday morning. However, sleeping has been hit or miss because I HATE to sleep on my back. I think it’s more like dozing. I’ve thought about taking Tylenol PM, but would the hangover be worth it? I get my stitches out on Wednesday, but I still have another 2 ½ weeks of wearing the sling. All of this to say, I have entered the cranky portion of my recovery. May God have mercy on Dr. M’s soul. How have you been? I mean, I’m pretty sure we’re all just generally cranky because of current events anyway.

8 comments:

  1. You have had some exciting times this week. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the vase your clipped flowers are in, and I'm surprised by your azaleas. Even though I know some have been developed to bloom at times other than spring, they're still very much a spring flower for me. I would hate having to sleep on my back, even if I had cute 'I love you' sheets to lay across. I'm trying to remember who it is you remind me of with your hair pulled up like that. It was someone on teevee, I know that, but it might have been way back. I'll ponder. Love the baby-and-octopus photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows who I look like - it's someone ridiculous, I'm sure. Ha!

      Delete
  3. And we love the way you are. I learned how to sleep on my back when I was pregnant. When did your hair get that long? Didn't you just cut it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a while since I had a cut - & that was just a trim. I keep threatening to do a pixie again. Ha!

      Delete
  4. Shoulder surgery is a bitch, pure and simple. Been there myself, and I hope to never, ever go back. Hang in there. Are you scheduled for any PT?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I will be having PT. I'm guessing we'll go over that at my follow up appointment on Wednesday.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2026 Project 365 – Week Forty

This week there is still a major obsession with my hair (and frankly, when is there not), gifts, some happy news, and actually not a ton of ...